Glowforge stuck on "Centering" and "Scanning"

My glowforge is not updating the bed image, and is not centering the glowforge head to the camera when I turn the machine on. The picture I see when I turn on the machine is of my last print. It runs through the click cycle, but then nothing happens and either idles on “Scanning” or “Centering”. I’ve tried multiple community remedies like turning off the machine, gently moving the glowforge arm and head to the center of the bed under the camera and then turning the machine back on with the lid open then closing after 15 minutes - also turning off my wifi and resetting the machine, but it still won’t update the bed image or calibrate normally when turning it back on. I have orders due this week and could really use your help!

Here’s a pretty complete list of things to check: Stuck Centering/Focusing: How to Troubleshoot for potential Lid Cable issues before contacting Support 😲

I’d start with ruling out WiFi issues by setting up a hotspot, though – that’s probably the most frequent reason for this. The strength / reliability of your Internet connection isn’t the question, but how well your GF can communicate with your router. It can be affected by anything from other devices on the same channel to a new piece of furniture having been placed in the path of the connection.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you! I will try this when I get home.

1 Like

I got home, unplugged my modem/router and waited over a minute before plugging it back in. I unplugged my machine last night and let it sit over night. I came down stairs to the machine and while it was still off, I checked the black cable connections and everything seemed to look normal, nothing out of place. I then restarted my computer and cleared my cookies/history. I turned the machine on to let it calibrate and the normal clicking, but the glowforge head still did not move to the center of the bed. I opened the glowforge app and I am still seeing the same bed image that was a result of my last print. Any other ideas on what to try? I’ve already cleaned lenses and top of the glowforge head. Let me know what you think!

Thank you for checking that out for us. Since everything is connected properly, it’s likely that the black cable on the lid has a problem. I’d like to send you a replacement for that cable, along with some instructions on how to replace it so we can get you back to printing as quickly as possible.

I will follow up with you in an email to go over the next steps we need to take to get your machine back up and printing as soon as possible. I’m going to close this thread - Thanks for letting us know about this!