Glowforge stuck on focusing & making clicking sounds

My Pro Series stopped cutting and/or engraving. It was working just fine 3 days ago with both the cutting and engraving. We tried engraving a piece and no laser would come out and nothing was happening. So we moved on to cutting a piece after many attempts still no joy with either. We cleaned the head and all the lenses to ensure everything was put back in the correct way multiple times just to ensure we didn’t mess up. Now it stays stuck on focusing, all the glowforge does now is clicking sounds at 15 second intervals. The glowforge will not move past this. We have restarted the glowforge and the program various times but still the same result.

Although this did not solve the same issue,GF send me this yesterday.  You might want to try it.  It might help you.

Here are the information and steps I mentioned in or chat.

Your Glowforge was able to connect successfully to your network, but it may be having trouble maintaining a stable connection. When this is the case, you won’t need to go through Wi-Fi setup again, but you may see an “Offline” message.

The most common solution to Wi-Fi challenges is to restart all the devices involved in connecting to the internet.
Turn off the computer, phone, or tablet that you’re using

Turn off your Glowforge

Unplug your modem

Unplug your Wi-Fi access point

Wait one minute, then plug everything back in and turn them back on

If that doesn’t work, we have two more suggestions that often make a big difference:

Improve the signal path between your Glowforge and your Wi-Fi access point
Wi-Fi signals need a clear path. Remove physical barriers, and move devices closer together:
Move your Wi-Fi access point up high and make sure it’s in an open space. Avoid locating your Wi-Fi access point on the ground, under a desk, in a cabinet, or in a corner where its signal can be blocked.
Relocate your Wi-Fi access point closer to your Glowforge
Move your Glowforge closer to your Wi-Fi access point
Install a Wi-Fi range extender closer to your Glowforge
Run an ethernet cable and install a second Wi-Fi access point next to your Glowforge

Reduce electronic and Wi-Fi interference
If your unit is near other devices that use Wi-Fi or a large number of electronics, temporarily turn off other electronics and devices in the area.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• Any advice is not intended to replace or contradict the user manual. For safe operation of your Glowforge, always follow the instructions in the manual at https://glowforge.com/manual

My forge is now working. I had to re-set everything several times using the above advice. I hope you are up and running soon.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.