Glowforge suddenly bumping up times

i was going to cut on some whiteboard/chalkboard the other day and what i was going to cut was something that i have cut before with no problem. now though when i put the design in, (it’s just one small 2.5” by 1” keychain) it takes FOREVER to process the design, even with pro, and then it gives me a scorch warning with highlighted yellow on my design. if i click continue i have to wait almost another five minutes before it tells me i’m going to have to wait three hours and some minutes to get one little keychain. it’s never done this before, and after i gave up on it i moved on to another project and i didn’t have the issue at all.

i’m not sure if it’s the whiteboard material or something? i used the custom settings i had saved from the last time i cut these keychains and i bought the board at the same place, (lowes).

My guess (just a guess) is that your design file is complicated, possibly it accidentally has some duplicate lines in it, and that’s what’s causing both the long processing time and the warnings (which are triggered by multiple cuts close to each other).

i have tried to just engrave the design without the cut to make it a keychain, and it only was going to take 2 minutes or so. but when i go to put the outline around it to cut it out it goes back up to 3 hours.

Are you sure that your settings are the same? I’ve had mine be changed, before, when revisiting an old project.

Can you post your art here - there’s definitely something up with your cut line! Or, if you have Premium, see what happens when you use that to add the cutline, instead of using your design program.

2 Likes

@vjdee51 I’m so sorry to hear your Glowforge project is saying it will take a really long time when doing a cut. I would be happy to look into this issue to do so we will need some more information.

• Can you please post the file you are having trouble with so we can take a look?
  • Information about the browser you are using.
  • A screenshot of the error you are getting.

Please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Look for the header that says "Your web browser’s unique URL"
  3. Click the button that says "Copy URL to Clipboard"
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

If possible, could you please send me a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app when this happens? Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible

To take a screenshot:
  • Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
  • Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.