I got to spend a few hours downstairs in my craft lair today, yay! It’s kind of a pain for poor Hubs to get my post-surgical self and all the necessary equipment moved down and back up again, so it’s not an every day thing at this point. Also my stamina still sucks, so I don’t last long once I’m there, but I made a little progress on my current projects, so I’m much less grouchy than I was yesterday!
First up were collars for the kittens, engraved with their names and our phone number. I kinda jury-rigged them using some plastic snap buckles from old puppy collars my dog has outgrown, but since the kittens will probably grow out of them sometime in the next six hours or so, they’ll do for now.
And I made some progress on the “Jack” tile-topped box I’m making for one of my employees who lost his dog last month. I screwed up the design for the bottom half (I’m blaming the pain meds!) so I have to redo that, but I finally got the top finished and assembled:
Despite my drugged state when I was designing it, I even managed to come up with a fun way to hide the finger joints for the wood inner lid that the tile sits on top of. I ran a little trail of paw prints around the sides, and hid a finger joint in the pad of each one. It actually worked even better than I thought it would – I had a hard time getting them to show up in the photo!
I also cut a new back for my “Gwendolyn” edgelit LED sign because I managed to chip the first one, but my energy petered out before I finished getting it completely replaced. Next time!