GlowForge turning off mid way

I was engraving 3 coasters with names. Nothing fancy and it was on the proofgrade material. First coaster done no problem, the second coaster it started and got the bottom portion of the name then stopped. I turned off the Glow Forge and turned it back on. Tried to start over but once it went to engrave the name it turned off. I thought maybe the power cord was loose but it wasn’t. So, I turned it back on and tried to engrave again. Same thing, went to go engrave the name then it shut off. Not sure what to do

Sounds like a bad power supply.

Support might ask you to print the Gift of Good Measure to eliminate any issue with the file, but no file issue should cause the machine to power off.

They should be able to access logs if you note the time (and timezone) of the failed prints.

Did it shut off or pause?

1 Like

It shut off. Lights turned off and everything

I’d try powering from a different circuit (Use a short extension cord if you have to) just to make sure its not a problem with your power.

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble with your Glowforge powering off.

I see you also emailed us about this and we’ll continue to work on this with there, so I’m going to close this thread.