Glowforge UI now supports saving presets of materials!

This is something I’ve been asking for since receiving my GF.

I am a HAPPY CAMPER!

6 Likes

How did you adjust the default PG settings ?!?

1 Like

HOLY COW this is awesome. I’m going to have to play around with this and see how it is going to change my workflow.

7 Likes

The changes take a little getting used to, but the custom settings are already proving to be brilliant. Woot for productivity!

3 Likes

This is an incredibly important update. Thank you!

4 Likes

Ahhh this is amazing! Well done @dan and team! I’ve definitely had my gripes with delays but I can honestly say I’m so happy with the final product. I know it’s not perfect but the fact you keep plugging away at it and try to make sure the end result is worth it, means a lot. Keep chipping away, it’s appreciated.

7 Likes

On Firefox, the arrow does not respond in any way for me. But on Chrome, it opens up the current settings and allows me to modify them (for Proofgrade and custom)

3 Likes

Crud. I use Firefox…though it’s the first issue I’ve run into using Firefox. Don’t like chrome. :frowning:

there are more than a few people here who only use chrome for GFUI, but nothing else.

3 Likes

Ayup.
Got chrome on this machine for ONE THING.
GFUI. That and the status page.

2 Likes

What the what?! I spend ONE day away from the forum and the entire world changes?!

Thanks, Glowforge for finally making this a reality. And GREAT job with the associated documentation. That’s really excellent.

Wai wai wai… How do I see the :proofgrade: settings now? What’s this trick? All I see is 1000/1 when I switch to Manual now.

7 Likes

Start from proofgrade settings, there’s an arrow pointing right.
I was stuck for a minute, too.
But you can set it from there, and then name the settings.

YAHOO!
I love it!
Thanks so much, team.

6 Likes

Oh, look at that. There it is. Less than intuitive I’d say.
Thanks so much for spelling it out for me, @cmreeder!

2 Likes

It’s funny how they talk about it as if it were only ever going to be useful for non-:proofgrade: materials. Finally, I can keep all the settings I use for proofgrade saved properly! Thank you :glowforge:

2 Likes

I mean, we’re guys and we don’t read instructions… but…

Depending on the type of artwork uploaded, you many need to define up to 8 different parameters to create a setting from scratch. Alternatively, select a material and a setting that seems close to your desired outcome, click the arrow to the right to reveal the Proofgrade settings we’ve defined, and iterate from there.

9 Likes

Sorry. We don’t read what now? Sorry, I’m not familiar with… whatever that word is. :wink:

4 Likes

Yes, same here. I used to cheat a bit by checking what the PG settings are and tweak them in Manual mode, but now they only say 500/1 or 1000/1…looks like I need to start from scratch again then.

@glowforge please bring back the PG settings when switching to manual and don’t let us swim in the dark

@dan better yet Please make them the default in the saved as well so we can use them as a starting point to modify from as many already have using the way @ELWIN_NYNKE lays out.

1 Like