Glowforge UI now supports saving presets of materials!

Just noticed it get added!

39 Likes

I just noticed everything suddenly looked different…wow!

4 Likes

Hallelujah!

8 Likes

With this I am calling for a 10 day moratorium on whinging. Hey, I can dream can’t I?

18 Likes

All good news!

I like using my iPad rather than moving my laptop around.

3 Likes

yes!

4 Likes

You can! Enter your manual settings, then click the + and you can name it.

13 Likes

I think I owe someone money from a wager. Who was it?

5 Likes

Wow, this is huge! Can’t wait to transfer all my spreadsheet data over.

I’m not seeing a change to the iOS app, but maybe it’s still in the vetting process and not yet available for update.

9 Likes

It looks like now when you select Manual when using :proofgrade: materials, it defaults the settings to max speed and 1 power instead of showing you the :proofgrade: settings and letting you adjust from there.

2 Likes

Just cut a few things and freaked out with the new look of the UI… NONONO! I HATE CHANGE! Then I shut up because it’s cooler. LOL

10 Likes

Yea, I didn’t like that either, BUT all is not lost. You don’t have to guess, the proofgrade settings are still available and editable… pull up the proofgrade selection, hit the arrow pointing right, it’ll bring up the settings and you can adjust from there without starting from 1000/1. (AND you can save!)

7 Likes

Hmmm…The arrow pointing right didn’t work for me. I’ll have to go back and try again.

Great job team Glowforge! (@Rita , @dan )
I like the Ignore/Cut/Score options at the top of the flyout. Saves a search.
(Okay, granted, it wasn’t much of a search…but they are easier to see now.) :smile:

Oh and great job on the writeup for adjusting the Manual settings…the little icons make it easy to see the impact of adjusting the various settings…someone worked a long time to come up with that. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

If you’re not seeing the new features, they don’t seem to show if you have EFF’s Privacy Badger blocking the various trackers and uBlock Origin blocking the once-per-second LaunchDarkly requests. Disable them and you get the new features, turn them back on and the features go away.

2 Likes

This is fantastic! Though I use primarily PG materials, just because they’re so great, I will definitely find lots of uses for this new feature, too. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Woohoo!

LOVE IT! I literally gasped out loud when I noticed it earlier tonight! Woo hoo!!!

2 Likes