Glowforge UI Screenshot!

I set the screenshot as my background… I think I have issues.

10 Likes

I’m assuming that it means that the depth of the engraving will be determined by the shade of the on-screen image, as with some 2D to 3D programs that use grayscale to determine what the item will look like in 3D.

2 Likes

The other thing it could mean is that only the shade chosen in that menu option will be the part engraved, but I’m hoping for the former. I’d love to see depths of engraving.

3 Likes

Hmm… Good thoughts!! I can’t wait to play with the UI!!!

1 Like

It’s really encouraging to hear you’ve found a couple of laser crafting pros to wring out the GF and make feature suggestions. Thanks for the update!

1 Like

@Tony Okay… holdup. Tell me what is going on here. Is it a round coaster with a square woodgrain color overlay. Or is a square piece of wood with the circle from the cut step masked out and using the camera image from the previously empty bed used as a background? If it is the latter, then that is brilliant.

2 Likes

That thing.

12 Likes

Definitely not - we won’t hold it against people for being excited to get their Glowforge! Things just move in cycles, and the last few weeks have been a lot of slogging without much exciting to show for it. Things will be picking up shortly.

A lot.

Very shortly.

26 Likes

Nice touch!

@dan You’re too modest - you forgot to include this part of the quote in your response. This type of ease of use is what got me on board.

2 Likes

wohoooooooo :smile:
this is great!!
Thank you for this update!

I just hire good people…

15 Likes

Great work… and great pic - keep 'em coming!

FANTASTIC! This looks amazing! As a Laser newbie, I can’t wait to explore! I learn so much better when I actually do what I’m trying to learn. I love the clean look of the UI.

1 Like

Hurray! So grateful for the post. Thanks @Tony. Showforge #3, hmm! Makes me think again about starting a topic about what we will call our own personal Glowforge when we get one. I figured it would have to have a name in the setup routine. I was going to do that last night but didn’t know if it was too soon. Really since it is the third trimester and we just got a nice ultrasound, it’s not too soon to pick out names.

8 Likes

Oh gosh, now I’m getting really excited…

My only complaint is the Print button… it should really say “Zap!” or something similarly laser-y. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I love how straight forward this looks - I feel like it would take no time at all to figure out.

Except the hand turkey. Such mystery.

4 Likes

Looks like the hand turkey is just an “ignored” step. It looks like it’s going to cut the circle, then do the realistic bird engraving with the lil’ dots, and the hand would have been next if it wasn’t ignored.

1 Like