Glowforge user groups?

Is there a place on here where people can be listed by location etc, so we can contact those around us geographically for meetups and support. Especially if you are using your machine for business. Having support and backup when encountering problems or issues or shortening others learning curves.

6 Likes

My day job is doing computer security. So pardon me for viewing this under a different context.

This map of GlowForge supporters looks like a great list for burglars to know where there is a $4000-$5000 glowforge available.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s why my address is currently listed as the parking lot of a local store. :smile:
(Did actually think of that.) :wink:

6 Likes

We discussed it way back when, and most folks were smart enough to not put their real address.

4 Likes

Yep, I placed my marker on a small park near my house :wink:

On these sorts of maps, I just pick city and state - that’s enough to see who’s nearby.

5 Likes

Didn’t put in my address but did pin my exact location. Two reasons why I’m not worried. You have to be a pretty motivated thief to go to the backwoods of WV. I would be afraid to knock on any of my neighbor’s doors before calling. Secondly, if the GF get stolen, it’s immediately a big brick. The rims and tires on an abandoned car is worth more to a non techie.

4 Likes

Yup. Evolution in action. :wink:

Funny story (maybe) - when my wife first started in the tech business the insurance company she worked at was putting in new IBM 3270 terminals.

Somebody stole 10 of them one weekend.

They were found in a pawn shop. The thief thought they were video game consoles :slight_smile:

5 Likes