Glowforge will not connect to wifi

UPDATE-
Called our provider and had them separate our router into a separate 2.4 and a 5 connection. Was able to connect within minutes.

We have received our glowforge, but are unable to connect it to our wifi.
I have went thru all of the steps for connection and it always hangs at the Glowforge did not connect to your wifi.
Checked 2.4 connection. Wireless routers have been placed within 2 feet of the GF.
We have tried the connections setup from 2 different devices. (PC and a phone)
We have tried connected to 4 different networks. (2 DSL accounts/ 2 hotspots on two different providers)

I’m scratching my head on this. Anyone seen anything like this before?

2 Likes

This was a new one to me—I didn’t realize that providers mixed up 2.4 and 5 ghz signals like that. I wonder how many other folks’ problems have been due to this?

1 Like

Glad you were able to sort this out, and great you took the initiative to figure it out. I use to have a lot of conflict with other devices within my home so what I did was set up a guest network and placed my GF on the guest network and every other device, computer, etc in my home on my main network. I no longer have any problems. Just something else for owners to try if they have difficulty with a consistent connection on their GF.

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!

1 Like