Glowforge will not read

We are having trouble using our glowforge pro. The machine will go through all the steps of honing, scanning, and reading the material. Once I hit print, it tries to register and does this for about 30 minutes and says there is an error and we need to turn off the machine or reset the app. We have unplugged the machine for 3 days, but it is still doing the same thing. I have cleaned the machine thoroughly but that does not help. Has anyone experienced similar problems? The project I am working on is wooden ornaments and we have already produced several, but this just started a last week on Wednesday. Thank you

Sounds like the Wifi might be having trouble maintaining a connection. There are some steps here that you can run through to try to improve the signal. (And read down further in the thread for more tests/suggestions.)

2 Likes

We have 2 machines that run off the same wifi, and the other machine is working just fine. We are on a University network, so I do no think that is the problem. Thank you for responding and your suggestion.

Well, Wifi is the most common problem…if that’s eliminated, the next thing to check is the cable connections for the lid cables. Make sure all of the connectors shown below are closed and flat.

(Just read through the third check at this link for what to look for. If that isn’t it, you’ll need to let support take a look at the logs for the machine. Be sure to tell them which machine it is (name) if you have more than one, so they can pull the correct logs.) Also helps a lot to give them the time and time zone of the problem print.

Thank you for that comprehensive list. I have checked all the things on item 3 and they are all good. How do I contact support?

Just by posting here, you have opened a ticket. They will get with you as soon as they can.

thank you

I apologize for the delay in response, and I’m sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble.

There has been some great advice from @Jules and I appreciate you working through the instructions.

I’ve extracted the logs from your Glowforge, and it looks like you have been able to print since contacting us. This is great to hear! Could you let me know if you’re still experiencing trouble?

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I tried to cut something else this morning and it gave me an error code about the air assist fan. So I went through the steps of cleaning that and it works like a charm. For some reason I had never received that error
code the past few days. It was pretty clogged up but once I cleaned and wiped it down it works fine. Now that I know that fan is there, I will be sure to check more often.

Thanks again

Patrick Lawson

University of Tennessee
Athletics

Project Manager-Athletic
Facilities

1551 Lake
Loudoun Blvd

Knoxville,
TN 37996

plawson9@utk.edu

( 865)
406-2617 C

Great to hear you are back up and printing! I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!