Glowforge Wish List

My Glowforge Wish List -

1. Independent software

2. Computer controlled Start Button

3. 24" bed instead of 20" (just because most materials other than what is sold on this site comes in 24" and it would just be easier.

4. 16" cutting area instead of 12". So many wood projects are this width. I suppose if I had the Pro this wouldn’t be a problem LOL … Hindsight ugh :wink: Maybe if it ever goes on sale. I’d love to have one.

4 Likes

Here ya go. 1500 bucks off of a Pro :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Can I refer myself? :wink::rofl:

Against terms :slight_smile:

You could refer a friend or loved one who buys it and then maybe they’d like to keep it at your house :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Hey I love how you think!

Very possible, but not going to happen. Someone needs to be at the GF while it is running.

1 Like

MicroBot Push - Wireless Robotic Button Pusher for Smart Home Automation (Platinum White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FQN2T2W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_9Pl1AbH38J1PV

3 Likes

Ironically, my GF isn’t in another room. It’s in the same room as my computer. It’s just when I’m cutting several things, I may send a job to the laser while setting up for the next cut. Paper and vinyl cutters have been doing this for years :slight_smile: Getting up to go push a button just isn’t time saving or convenient in this case

Paper and vinyl cutters won’t burn your house down.

The requirement to physically push the button is so their lawyers can say you were in the room and that Glowforge is not responsible for allowing you (or some hacker) to start fires from across the internet.

My wife has three. The Mint and Curio are pretty decent sorts, but the Cameo is kind of a jerk. That one would totally burn down our house purely out of spite.

Our Glowforge is totally chill. He’ll only burn stuff we want burned. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’ve heard of ppl having issues with the cameo. I’ve not had any issues whatsoever with mine and I have 3 (1st, 2nd, and now 3rd generation)… lol plus a portrait and a curio. I love them all!

1 Like