Glowforge Won't Acknowledge the Entire Bed of Material

Hey everyone!

One quick question that I feel many of you may have experienced.

On my first few cuts, I had designed my files to fit perfectly inside of the bed, getting the full use out of the Proofgrade material and cutting all useable space (besides a bit of room at the edges for safety.).

On my third or fourth cut, I attempted to put some work that is similar to the attached file into my Glowforge with a brand new sheet of Proofgrade, and the machine “greyed out” almost all of the ornaments except for a couple in the middle. The usable area that showed up in the outlined box seemed to be centered vertically, much like a piece of printer paper.

Therefore, my attempt at using up every bit of the Proofgrade I had was foiled, as my carefully measured file was thrown off.

Have you come across this before?

I was thinking I might try to recalibrate my camera, but I would hate to keep using the Glowforge incorrectly like this and wasting my materials for my shop.

Let me know what you guys think, and thank you for your help! :slight_smile:
Empty%20with%20Score%20%20-%20Template

Yes, the recent speed update increased the speed for engraves, and when the speed is high, the margins at the side get wider because the head needs more room to slow down.

Long story short - reduce the speed to 1000 for the engraves and you will get the former bed size back.

4 Likes

Engraving speed too high. The usable area gets narrower with the speed of engraves and palacement thereof.

Still can’t beat @jules on the draw.

5 Likes

Oh, I just happened to be cruising tonight…I’m not actively searching them anymore. (You can have the next one.) :wink:

3 Likes

Also, the usable space for engraving is smaller than that for cutting, so your artwork will need to take that into account.

4 Likes

Thank you for the answer @jules! I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know.

1 Like