Glowforged Halloween Masks

Pachelbel Rant is the best!

3 Likes

I actually get fairly large sheets in decent (20 sheet) quantities because my laser can handle poster sized materials. I get them from Blickā€™s. You can get smaller sizes or quantities from them or even Amazon.

4 Likes

Good take Down of the song. Iā€™ve thought about the Canon on D a lot. I hear it a lot with all the weddings I witness. It is the most massacred song on the wedding playlist. I cringe regularly.

That being said, I do love it when it is done well. It takes skill to do on a keyboard without it being trite. Much better with chamber instruments.

I have a theory. We can blame Marvin Hamlisch. He used it for the soundtrack in Ordinary People, introducing a young Elizabeth McGovern for you Downton Abbey fans. It had been on the classical radar but the movie brought it out to the wider public. Hamlisch was already a darling of the wedding scene with The Way We Were. I would imagine it really exploded. I certainly remember it being played after that but not before.

And donā€™t get me started on Delibesā€™s Lahkme!

Here is one of my favorite guitarist making it sing.

And back to the original topic. I get lots of chipboard from packaging. Saving all different weights.

11 Likes

You can buy a metric ton from Alibaba for about $450 or so, if I remember correctly (for heavy weight chipboard). :slight_smile:

1 Like

What weight do you usually get and size (12" x 12")?

I wasnā€™t that careful about it and bought whatever was cheapest on Ebay. My stash is in 8.5" x 11" because that was all I need for the digital cutters. (Probably ought to consider getting some larger sheets myself now - the laser bed is bigger.) :relaxed:

2 Likes

This made me laugh. I worked for years in the auto industry. The work can be repetitive and boring so we found many ways to humor ourselves. One way was if we passed someone (usually they were focused on their task) we would quietly hum random tunes. Then later they had no idea where it came from. Ha Show tunes were the devil and popular TV show themes like The Adams Family or Giligans Island were particularly sadistic. Ha

4 Likes