Glowparents: Glowbabies!

What a cutie! And so excited, look at that face! :grinning:

2 Likes

OMG what a cutie!! A handfull I bet too. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Been busy with the little one. Not so little anymore. The wife and I had our son on May 8th. He is now close to 20 pounds. He has been keeping us busy. Looking forward to making things for him in a few weeks when our GF shows up.

22 Likes

I see an engineer there…look at him checking out that medallion. :grinning:

5 Likes

Starting Quality Assurance skills early!!

4 Likes

Finally received my Pro. But it is sitting at home unused because of the arrival of grandchild #2. Visiting my daughter for a week right after the birth.

I was tempted to pull another prank like my last one, but this time saying that I had received a beta version of a second generation Pro! Had the whole story planned out:

The v2 Pro has three independent axes of head rotation! < neck > And two independent vision modules in the head! < eyeballs > Plus three new sensory modules in the head! < nose, mouth, ears > It has an exhaust cover that makes it easy to clean any effluent that gets stuck on the exhaust port! < diaper >

But I don’t think the forum is ready for more of my shenanigans. :laughing:

23 Likes

Fantastic! And congratulations again! :smile::+1::balloon::tada::boom::dizzy::two_hearts::baby:

2 Likes

Congratulations!

Don’t forget, it’s more portable than the current version. They are going to be increasing the size, shortly, though.

6 Likes

:heart_eyes: congratulations!!

1 Like

I like that custom cover for your Pro. Congratulations!

3 Likes

As expensive as my v1 is turning out to be, that v2 looks even more costly.

4 Likes

Ok parents of actual baby Glowbabies… do you run your laser while the little one is in the same room? My apartment has one huge room downstairs where I hope to set up the laser, the only other rooms are bedrooms upstairs (with skylight windows, on very low ceilings, so no room for the GF at all). I want to be able to use the GF as much as possible but I’m a concerned about little developing lungs. Any thoughts? My glowbaby is almost 8 months now and in to everything! :blush:

(thought we had a little bit more time before figuring out baby gates :expressionless: )

15 Likes

What a cutie! :grin:

1 Like

Very mobile for <8mos! My 9 mo is still GI-Joe-style belly dragging.

1 Like

Yeah, he’s not walking or even cruising yet, though he discovered the stairs and how easy they were to pull up on about a couple of weeks ago. I figured when he rolled over at just under 3 months, and then was achieving forward motion by four months (albeit by sliding on his face like an inch worm) that I was doomed…

4 Likes

I have pretty aggressive ventilation (a 400 cfm fan AND a 600 cfm fan farther down the line) to get fumes out of our basement ducting, but I still only 'Forge with baby in the room for short, light engraves on wood, plus paper cutting. No acrylic, plastics, stone, rubber, etc. My standard is that I should be able to only minimally smell the wood fiber burning. If the baby coughs at all, we’re out.

6 Likes

I may carry one of my little ones with me up into the loft while I am quickly checking on a cut, but I am in and out in 15 seconds or so. Even with ventilation, the fine dusty air around the GF is not something to expose to young lungs for extended periods of time

1 Like

I’m intrigued by that comment. I have not noticed that in any kind of airborne situation. The machine gets dusty & dirty inside but never noticed it on the outside. I can’t write “wash me” in the dust for example. When I pulled the PRU out after 8 months of use even the tabletop and behind the bench didn’t have a dust layer.

4 Likes

Last fall mine developed a very thin layer of dust on it. It may be a coincidence but it happened at the same time as the hardwood floors in the front rooms were being refinished.

3 Likes

Such a beautiful child!

1 Like