Glowparents: Glowbabies!

Thanks for this thread @morganstanfield ! I’ve been wanting to start a baby stuff inspiration thread for a few weeks but was too chicken. My husband and I are joining the ranks of first time Glowforge parents this July! (In Provence, with no air conditioning. Eeek!) :sweat: :baby:

12 Likes

My wife had 2 in August (years apart :slightly_smiling_face:) also without a/c. We’re native New Englanders and it only hits 100F a couple of days a year and 90s only a few weeks - but usually separated by several days of cooler weather. We figured a/c wasn’t going to be used more than maybe one month a year.

The first one was the first week of Sept so she spent most of that summer relatively uncomfortable too :slightly_smiling_face:

We planned for summer babies though. We figured it would give us a few months to harden them off before winter :grinning:

7 Likes

Wow! Congratulations! That’s fantastic news!:boom: :boom:

Glowforge has it’s own little baby boom going now… :glowforge::squeeee::squeeee::squeeee::glowforge:

11 Likes

Is there any correlation with announcements of GF delays and succeeding baby boomlets? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It’s all Dan’s fault :grinning:

11 Likes

I was thinking the same thing…increased statistical birth rate.

(@dan will be tapped as honorary godfather to quite a few new additions…what a totally charming idea! chuckle!) :grinning:

7 Likes

You beat me to the excitement levels about GF :glowforge: and energy needing to be used because of the delays… :wink:

5 Likes

Congratulations! I’ll make sure to post stuff that I make!

Side note. I showed my wife this thread. She asked me what I would do if the Glowforge and the baby show up on the same day. I did not give the correct answer. :upside_down:

18 Likes

Ruh roh! I confess, I would be a bit torn too, however… baby will come when he/she comes! haha.

6 Likes

We also have our first due in July. The baby-related idea list for the GF is LONG!

11 Likes

Congratulations! Squeeeeee! Glowbabies popping up everywhere! :dizzy::sparkles::sparkles: :dizzy:

(This absolutely delights me!) :smiley:

5 Likes

Exciting news from you all, @Mike13, @joe, @bhspalinger, and again to @morganstanfield! There’s an explosion of new little beings about to happen! Best wishes to you all. July, though too warm in many places, is a good month to have a baby. My son was born on the 4th.

8 Likes

Of July? That’s rather cool! :boom::fireworks::boom:

3 Likes

Yes, it was fun when he was too young to know better…thinking that all the fireworks and hoopla were for him. And, he always gets his birthday off from work, now. :relaxed:

11 Likes

I was due the 4th but stuck around until the 13th, which is neat because I share a birthday with my dad. Our lil guy is due the 21st, so I’m hoping he shows up early so he can share our day with us. 3 generations on one day would be awesome! :smile:

It’s been a long road for us (4 miscarriages, a chemical pregnancy & a stillbirth). So we’re cautiously optimistic, but hopeful.

Here’s to lots of diapers & cute homemade baby stuff for all of us in July!

12 Likes

One of my kids was born on July 4th too. It definitely makes for some interesting birthday parties!

4 Likes

Fingers so very much crossed. Been there, done some of that. (Hmm, the glowforge dimensions are not that unsimilar to those of an incubator or a co-sleeping crib.)

5 Likes

Wishing you the greatest of luck this time. :relaxed:
:purple_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart:

4 Likes

We’re due the 17th! Maybe we’ll have Glowbaby twins. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Congratulations to you as well, @bhspalinger! Welcome to the official club!

Coincidentally, I was at the grocery store last night and this adorable woman in her sixties with rainbow hair and I were commiserating about how beat our feet were, and she told me that she’d spent most of two Julys hugely pregnant, knee deep in a wading pool, with a garden hose just pouring over her head. Maybe you need a wading pool!

10 Likes

I’ve got my whole heart into wishing you and your little guy the best, @Mike13. We’ve been very, very cautious about this pregnancy (at 42, I have a super-high miscarriage risk), and I hope all the crazy good luck we’ve had with his health and my wellbeing carries over to you.

12 Likes