Glowparents: Glowbabies!

Oh man, I bet that didn’t go over well… :grin: I’m the primary Glowforge-expecter in the house, but boy, would I have flashed my canines at that!

8 Likes

Unfortunately I live in a third floor apartment, but I might be driven to a kiddy pool in the inner courtyard, among the pigeons. (can’t wait to see what my French neighbors would think about THAT, ha!)
If not I’ll just invest in several fans all pointed at me at once, and invest in more earplugs for my husband…

4 Likes

@morganstanfield I hear ya. My wife is 45. We both wish we could just sleep until July!

6 Likes

They made me eat baby food and try to identify them. :baby:
Got them all right! 4 for 4!

I’ll post some pictures later.

12 Likes

OK, my turn.
We got married last May, both for the second time, but as we’re both in our late 70’s, nothing might give us reason to contribute here.

But, I have just been told by my granddaughter that I’m about to become a great grandfather.
The most bizarre aspect is the idea that my daughter is to become a grandmother !

26 Likes

Congrats! :grinning::baby::sparkles::boom::heart_decoration::boom::sparkles:

4 Likes

Wow, @johnbrooker–congratulations on both the new marriage and the incoming offspring. That definitely sounds like a mind-warper.

4 Likes

Oh man–my rule when my friends volunteered to host was “no games!!” I had a horror that someone would insist on the “chocolate pudding in the diaper” eating contest.

8 Likes

Eww! :confounded:

3 Likes

Yeah–that stuff is just mean. I wouldn’t have been able to even watch, because “EWW!!” plus All Day Sickness, and, somehow, I still think my guests should have some dignity.

6 Likes

Co-ed baby showers are the worst thing ever. But at least the pudding/diaper game would be entertaining! :wink:

4 Likes

Oh dear…cautiously optimistic is an understatement. I will be holding nothing but the best thoughts for you all that this time is the winner. That baby will be SO very welcome. :relaxed: :heart_decoration:

My son was actually due on the 13th and arrived early. Rather an interesting switch there…

5 Likes

Well, that is just downright wonderful. Congratulations on all fronts!

2 Likes

Congrats all around! Gives me hope that my father, who is a tad you get then you, can still find someone.

And @morganstanfield you definitely do not look 42 in that pic!

3 Likes

I’m so delighted for all of us parents of Glowbabies, both old and new! This seems like just yesterday, and not 8 years ago.

46 Likes

That’s most assuredly squeee worthy! :relaxed::baby::squeeee::squeeee::squeeee::baby:

7 Likes

Awww How cute!

5 Likes

Bottles, bibs and blackberry.[quote=“dan, post:55, topic:5779”]
seems like just yesterday, and not 8 years ago
[/quote]
‘The days are long but the years are short’.
Turn around a couple of times, and Grandfather-hood will be bearing down on you.

11 Likes

Aw. You can tell it’s 8 years ago because of the phone.

14 Likes

Sounds like a quote from RAH’s Methuselah’s children :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes