Going to pickup my Glowforge Pro! Wish me luck!

One saw that I would highly recommend in that ballpark is the Dewalt 745 JobSite Saw

https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW745-10-Inch-Job-Site-Capacity/dp/B000HXT2N6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1509140176&sr=8-3&keywords=dewalt+job+site+table+saw

This thing is built for longevity out on a job site. The one detractor is that this is not on any sort of a stand, you would either need to build one (my personal preference) or purchase the stand separately.

I would also highly suggest that your first build after getting this all settled in (final height from the ground) that you build your own sawhorses. From the reviews Iā€™ve seen, Matthias Wendel has one of the best design out there.

I hope this helps!

3 Likes

Golden Email Oct. 2nd. Arrival of actual Glowforge Oct. 27th.

2 Likes

You should have gotten an email with what they were sending you, unless theyā€™ve changed their procedure. My early September email looked like this:

Same here.

Thanks for thatā€¦yeah youā€™re right. I checked, and I have everything in that email. Darn. I thought we were getting walnut ply.

I ended up ordering most of the rest of the woods on store credit. The walnut is wonderful (hardwood and plywood).

Perfectā€¦I was JUST going to ask, how do I access the credits in the store?

I donā€™t remember if you have to put payment information in up front. For some reason, I feel like you have to have a payment method on file - could be wrong. But, the credits are applied automatically to your order as a priority payment method over CC. You should be over $100 in credits, so Iā€™d make sure to hit that mark and get the free shipping.

Congrats!! AND, after I read your post I received my official shipping email from Glowforge!!! Hang in there everyone :slight_smile:

For reference, My proā€™s order date was 9/29/2015.

8 Likes

Oh yeah! I just tried it, and it deducted right in the cart! Thanks!

Woot! Woot! CONGRATS BUD!

And here I was hanging out at Home Depot after workā€¦ checking out some plywood options and inspirations.

May be this will helpā€¦

3 Likes

The PF plywoods are my favorite ā€“ especially the cherry plywood. It feels strange to say that since I thought Iā€™d work with just hardwoods.

2 Likes

I just put in an order of walnut and cherry hardwoods, and the same in plywood. Oh, and a TON of colored acrylic. SUHWEET

2 Likes

I have this one savedā€¦

4 Likes

Thanks! The one thing that makes Matthiasā€™ Sawhorses stand out to me was actually in that comparison video, The fact that you can pull sheet goods across them and they donā€™t tip over is amazing.

yep!

Thank you for the links!