Golden Email 3 Days Early!

I just received my golden email…3 days earlier than I expected!
The model must have adjusted late today, because when I looked this morning, it was still showing March 9. Well, I just told them to send it on, so I’ll have it hopefully really soon!

I am so freaking excited right now!

22 Likes

Outstanding. Glad you were with us on this ride, now prepare for your adventure. Got the venting worked out?

3 Likes

Not yet. I’ll go in the next few days to pick up a dryer vent. I guess I’ll just put it through a piece of plywood. Not sure. I’m just going to use the cheap plastic vent that I’ve seen @Jules and some others use. Seems to work fine.

1 Like

You should put up a picture and show the Hive here what you’ve got to work with… You may be surprised at the ideas, you never know. Often, a different perspective can yield unexpected results.

5 Likes

Congratulations! The fun is just beginning!

3 Likes

Here you go! This window seat looks like it was MADE for a Glowforge!

10 Likes

Yay, happy news indeed!

2 Likes

Woohoo! Mine also just moved up 7 days, from the 20th to just one more week away!

2 Likes

Hard to really tell in a picture with no reference. I really hope that seat works for you, but you may want to think of a Plan B.

Tell you why. They are way bigger and heavier than you anticipate.
I suspect the exhaust port on the left side will not be lined up with the window and it does not appear that you have enough clearance to shift it forward.

I hope I am wrong because I agree. It does look like the perfect spot.

2 Likes

Most excellent news! Can’t wait to see what you make! :grinning:

2 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Awesome! That’s a great shift!

1 Like

Hmmm…good point. There is not much room in the depth category. I might still use this location and just build a little platform to sit in front of the window seat that is at the same height. Then, I could shift the GF forward to make room for the exhaust port if need be.

3 Likes

Thanks, @Jules !

Thank you!

It certainly is! Thank you!

Mine was March 6th and I got the email yesterday but I didn’t accept it, so perhaps you got it. My account now says March 5th which makes no sense.

1 Like

You didn’t accept it? Like you just didn’t have a chance or you are not going to accept it?

I elected to wait for the software to be finished because I don’t believe it will do what was advertised any time soon or perhaps ever.

1 Like

That’s wonderful news! Congratulations!

2 Likes

Thank you…I’m pumped!

No doubt … It’s a fun time!