Got THE email for my PRO order!

Ours too! For whatever it’s worth, there are a lot of people rooting for your order to ship soon. It’ll be a huge benchmark, and a hopeful indicator for the rest of us who also ordered pros.

9 Likes

And why do not I get this mail?
Soon 1 year waiting …
Please make me receive it. ; (

A LOT of us are waiting, just like you. You’re in good company though. It shall be soon.

1 Like

I know I’m not the only one–
But it’s starting to take a long time.
Just to scare me, when did you order your Glowforge?

What is going on there? When did they change July 31 to October 31, 2017 up in the greenbox? I was expecting my glowforge pro here in Munich in early August.

1 Like

You must have missed the email update back on June 7th. Here’s a link to it if you would like to read it:

Make sure you have the addresses listed below whitelisted in your emails:

hello@glowforge.com
support@glowforge.com
danshapiro@glowforge.com

3 Likes

Just a quick update — no updates from Glowforge or UPS yet. CAAAAANNNNT WAAAAIIIIT!!!

I know some folks got their proofgrade materials separately before their Glowforge unit, but I haven’t received shipping notification for that either.

21 Likes

For the record, I’m liking that you’re updating us, not that you have got anything yet. :innocent:

20 Likes

I think they sent it to you by mistake. I’d like to be wrong, but you seem to be the only one, and they haven’t followed up yet?

Please let me be wrong!

i can’t imagine it was a mistake. more likely an attempt to make their self-imposed deadline.

10 Likes

And they did fix his order, It clearly reads Pro, so it wasn’t like they said “OOps, didn’t realize yours was a pro. Sorry.”

I’m certain it was not an error. I received the email notification on June 30th, the day they said they would start “shipping” Pro models.

I haven’t received any updates from Glowforge or UPS yet. We’re 3 weeks into the “6 weeks” time they quoted in my notification email… So it shooooouuuuuld be soon!

Would love an update from team Glowforge though (@dan). Curious what the long pole is (box/package re-design? Certification? Production? Other?)

9 Likes

I’m a daily lurker here, but I likely missed some basic info, so hence my question.

So when we receive our email to confirm shipping, is that a confirmation that it will arrive up to 6 weeks later? If so, that’s a bit odd to me. Why would it take 6 weeks after asking if we want it?

Aren’t they cranking out GFs and as soon as the next one is ready they ship it right out to someone? Why a 6 week delay after confirmation?

4 Likes

Lots of potential reasons but I suspect it’s due to regulatory issues. There are many jurisdictions in the U.S. where if you do not get what you ordered within 4 weeks or notice that it will take longer, they have to give you your money back - even if it shows up on your doorstep at the 5 week mark. So if they give you a heads up beforehand that it’s 6 weeks they have cushion.

It also would seem to allow them to streamline shipping logistics if they want to ship on Mondays or something every week instead of every day. Allows them to coordinate with the PG samples, etc.

Or it could be that there’s one guy building our machines one at a time :wink:

4 Likes

We don’t actually have any information that would answer this question.
Lots of folks may guess, but they really don’t know.
The only way we could know is if someone at Glowforge told us, and they 'aint telling.

5 Likes

Haha! I might actually buy the one-guy theory…

I know it ultimately doesn’t matter because it is what it is, but I can’t get my head around it. If you have thousands of people waiting on each one that rolls off the line, I would think that there’d be no reason to get an OK from anyone for quite a while. Every single one will have a home for months to come.

Oh well, I’ve waited for this long with virtually no concrete info. I can wait longer. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Understood. But there are lots of people here who are smarter than I am, so I figured someone could hazard a reasonable guess. I can’t think of a good one myself, which is why I asked.

1 Like

I think the main reason is it allows them to claim they are shipping weeks before they actually are.

They seem to be producing them at a trickle so far, something like one or 2 per day, so they haven’t started mass production yet. To achieve the latest schedule startling now they would need to be shipping about 100 per day.

8 Likes

It should also be noted that only the basic units appear to be shipping at that rate. So far we’re aware of only one Pro email going out and we’re not aware of any Pro units being shipped.

Same reason many manufacturers tell you a Rebate will take 8-14 weeks from the time it’s received at the Rebate center. Or another way to answer your question… Absolutely no reason whatsoever.

7 Likes