Got THE email for my PRO order!

I was wondering why there were so many fireworks going off all over the place. :fireworks: :sparkler: :tada:
Apparently news traveled really fast! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Congratulations!!

3 Likes

Hmm. A July 1 email and 2 week leadtime would drop my pro on my real life cake day! Let’s do this, @staff! :smirk: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Great news. FYI. I ordered a basic, got the email 3 weeks ago. No Glowforge yet so will be at least 4 weeks for me. My guess is that you will get yours sooner as Dan has learned the importance of doing what they say. In this case Jun 30 start shipping with July deliveries.
Awesome.

4 Likes

This is what we expected, as communicated by @dan in the discussion of the July update. Dan suggested that we will be able to do pass-through “manually” with varying success, until the cloud update arrives. We should have realistic expectations of what that means.

The best I can discern from Dan’s communications is that the “manual” pass-through alignment uses only the lid camera. How will that affect pass-through cutting? If the artwork is long and skinny, so that the points of alignment between successive cuts fall near the center of the bed, and if the material is not at all warped, then we can expect good results.

But if the artwork is wide enough to fill the width of the bed, then the alignment of successive cuts (between successive indexing of the material through the slot) can be expected to be off by up to around 1/4", depending on the calibration of the individual machine.

If there is any warp to the material at all, the alignment will be worse. How much worse? If the warp causes only 3mm of elevation change of the material near the edges of the bed, we can expect an additional 1/4" of misalignment.

Similar misalignment can be expected with double-sided cutting, if the material fills the bed, or is warped.

Integration of the head camera into the alignment process should be able to alleviate most of the alignment problems, I hope. I do see it as a herculean programming task, however. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Well, my email did not come last night…
:cry:(disappointed but not really as sad as that emoji would imply)

I don’t remember them sending out Emails on the weekends in the past and don’t expect it will happen now.
With the approximate 2 week time line between accepting and receiving the unit, my hopes of geting it by my birthday on the 18th are dwindling.
I’m not giving up yet!
Come on @dan! I’m routing for you! (And maybe begging a little :innocent:)

3 Likes

Grats! I ordered mine at 12:30 the same day, so here’s hoping I get my email soon!

2 Likes

Hi @Dan & @Rita - quick question. In my Glowforge shipping confirmation page, only the Air Filter shows up in the table screen-captured below (blue arrow). Is that a typo? I assume my Glowforge Pro should also appear in the list with a status of “Shipping”?

Also, as a Pro customer, the shipment list should be updated. Currently, the page says Glowforge Basic (Red arrow). I assume this is simply a function of copy-and-pasting from the Basic shipping confirmation pages.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I hope you sent an email of this to support@glowforge.com and are just putting this out for the good of the order.

5 Likes

Thanks @marmak3261 - i did send an email as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congratulations and can’t tell you how stoked I am. Means I’m getting my pro soon and I’m one closer.

5 Likes

I’m guessing now’s not the time to freak out and cancel? :slight_smile:

I think I’ll spend some time tonight writing a script to flash all the lights in the house and play this if/when I get an e-mail from hello@glowforge.com.

13 Likes

Oops, thanks Adrian! We’ll get on that.

3 Likes

Oh no, sorry for the confusion on the email, Adrian, and thanks for pointing it out. The things you miss when you read something 1,000,000 times…

7 Likes

Congrats! And thanks for the update on the Pro functionality at ship time :slight_smile:

Just checked my spam folder since my Pro order was 9/24 7:09 AM, but nothing yet. Hoping for more Pro news soon :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

No worries, @bailey

Thanks for the quick fix! :slight_smile:

Updated shipping confirmation page below:

BTW - is there anyway for me to get back to the “status of various features” page? When I chose to accept my glowforge now, there was a page that showed the status of various features (i.e. passthrough slot, etc). But now, when I go to Glowforge - the 3D laser printer), I get pointed directly to the shipping confirmation page screen-captured above & can’t find a way to get back to the “status of various features” page.

Would like to be able to see that again.

THANKS!

7 Likes

no iirc, i think this is something a few people have wanted.

2 Likes

I screen captured mine as I went through because a number of people said that they couldn’t get back to it. But that would have been as of three weeks ago.

8 Likes

Any idea when you will get the pro to Munich Germany?

Anyone else get a pro email yet?

2 Likes

they haven’t started any international deliveries. at least none they’ve publicized.

1 Like