Got THE email for my PRO order!

I think the main reason is it allows them to claim they are shipping weeks before they actually are.

They seem to be producing them at a trickle so far, something like one or 2 per day, so they haven’t started mass production yet. To achieve the latest schedule startling now they would need to be shipping about 100 per day.

8 Likes

It should also be noted that only the basic units appear to be shipping at that rate. So far we’re aware of only one Pro email going out and we’re not aware of any Pro units being shipped.

Same reason many manufacturers tell you a Rebate will take 8-14 weeks from the time it’s received at the Rebate center. Or another way to answer your question… Absolutely no reason whatsoever.

7 Likes

Right on - I appreciate your reply.

I wasn’t really focusing on the quantity, but more just the idea that when the next one is ready, they don’t have to search for someone who wants it. I can’t imagine that it would even have time to touch the floor before it ships out to the next customer in line (however that’s determined, LOL!).

The only logical assumption I can make is that when they ask if you want yours, your GF isn’t actually manufactured yet, because there’s no way it’s just sitting in a stack in the warehouse and they wait 5 weeks to ship it with a week in transit.

Sorry for the distraction and rambling - it just strikes me as really odd. Carry on! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am steeling myself to the possibility (probability?) that I won’t get my pro until 2018.

4 Likes

Dell will actually cancel the order if the actual delivery is going to come even one day beyond their estimated delivery date (unless the customer actively states - via email - that they want to keep the order)

Correct. No logistics that wait for someone to say yes makes any real sense at this point. There’s no business risk to building a day/week’s capacity and sending those invites and if the invites are turned down, inviting the next on the list.

1 Like

A S-curve of the units sended versus time should clear this topic.
At least a pie chart of the sent units compared with total.

Problem is it isn’t an S as it gets shallower, not stepper.

1 Like

According to published reports, they sold 500 units in the first 15 hours of day 1.
Roughly half of those were Basics (~250).

If you follow the spreadsheet, forum and other social media, it doesn’t appear that they have made it through half of those orders yet (125). They’ve reportedly been in production since the beginning of June (36 business days).

Only appears to be about 3-4 per day. Hopefully that’s not true.

1 Like

I ordered mine on the 28th, and still haven’t gotten anything. That was only 4 days after launch, so I should be at the top of the list. It’s been nearly a month since the so called “Pro shipping starting”…

they haven’t finished shipping day one orders yet, so you’ll need to hold tight for a bit; as it is, only one pro email has gone out (that we know about).

Well now…that’s not very promising is it? They’ve been “shipping” pro models since June 30th. You’d think they would have gotten through the first WEEK in that time.

Have there been any other reported pro shipments in the last few weeks? Based on what I’ve seen in social media and on the spreadsheet, it seems like single digits of the pro model.

I only know of one on the spreadsheet and I don’t think that hasn’t been dispatched yet.

As far as I know, I’m the only person to receive a “your Pro is ready” email (on June 30th), but have yet to receive any shipment notifications.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update.

We are all cheering for you!

2 Likes

Yeah, we all feel like that :slight_smile: They did take a time-out for the new packaging that hopefully solves some of the carrier delivery abuses people have documented.

3 Likes

It’s so dang close…after all these years waiting…I just want it already.

1 Like

This thread keeps popping up. Every time I click on it I hope it’s a new Pro Shipping notice that went out. ;(

7 Likes