Goudy Z

Planning to do a LOT of slate, but not buying any slate until at least :glowforge: is on the way.

2 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes

These turned out lovely!

1 Like

Love the slate engrave, what were the settings you used?

2 Likes

I thought it was chocolate :smile:

2 Likes

Link to the Settings here:

https://community.glowforge.com/t/settings-for-engraving-on-slate/10034?u=jules&source_topic_id=9074
11 Likes

Those turned out great! But I would expect nothing less than perfect from you by now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Oh crap! I can’t live up to that! ROFL! :smile:

4 Likes

I’m sure I’ll do the V8 forehead slap, but what is this?

edit; duh…first pass? Love the new language that’s forming here…all because of a laser. Not just ANY laser, mind you.

2 Likes

Focal Point. Sorry! :grin:

2 Likes

Do you have another nearby you could call? I have 3 within my normal shopping radius and only the one near my office carries slate, but they carry 5-6 different platter / wall plaque sizes in addition to the coasters. All $2.99 or under, all branded ArtMinds. Some of them are available online: http://bit.ly/2thFgdf

3 Likes

Do you have a Re-Store near you? The one up here has all shapes and sizes of pieces of slate.

1 Like

I’ve got 2 not too far away. I thought of getting some materials there, but never thought of slate.

1 Like

We don’t have a Re-anything near here! Very small town. Joking aside, there might be one somewhere 30 min. from here, but really not worth the drive for me. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

1 Like

No…probably only Portland…way too far to bother with. Ah, the trade offs for living in a small town. Thanks for the suggestions.

Worth a lot if the drive nets you a ton of slate for little. I wouldn’t expect that necessarily, though.

Look a like I am going to have to get a new roof cover for my pizza oven.

22 Likes

Or… You could create etch a giant logo on the roof, one tile at a time.

7 Likes

Just pull something of the neighbors house, engrave it and give it back to them as a gift :smirk:

2 Likes

Ha ha! No one has slate around here. Don’t thing engraving a composite shingle would be very good and it would probably look like…um, no good, either. :grin:

3 Likes