Goudy Z

Look a like I am going to have to get a new roof cover for my pizza oven.

22 Likes

Or… You could create etch a giant logo on the roof, one tile at a time.

7 Likes

Just pull something of the neighbors house, engrave it and give it back to them as a gift :smirk:

2 Likes

Ha ha! No one has slate around here. Don’t thing engraving a composite shingle would be very good and it would probably look like…um, no good, either. :grin:

3 Likes

This is everything I was hoping for with slate and MORE! :smiley: Wooot! As someone who has done a bit of hand carving of slate I"m sooo excited for this! :smiley:

6 Likes

Thanks Jules

2 Likes

Wow those look fantastic. Nice job @Jules.

2 Likes

Just checked the map, I’m only 1 hour 18 mins away in Portland!

1 Like

I know! We’re practically neighbors! I don’t ‘do’ big cities very well anymore, so anything I can’t find around down here, I pretty much do without. :relaxed:

1 Like

I’ve entirely copycatted this design (I hope that’s alright) by following the settings which Jules shared:

Onto one of the slate ‘cheese boards’ which Xabbess was kind enough to point out:

To make a host gift for an Independence Day party we’re headed to this afternoon:

Anyway, this worked brilliantly! Thanks, everyone!

25 Likes

Looks lovely on a cheese board! :grinning:

2 Likes

I agree! When I showed this to my wife, she “got” the laser frenzy finally. She looked all excited at me and said “Christmas this year is going to be so much fun

9 Likes

So happy to see gift giving transitioning from gift cards to hand made items!

5 Likes

yeah, i’ve never enjoyed gift cards. we’ve been giving only things we make for christmas for the last few years, now, and it’s almost always been well-received. this year we’re going to try to make the in-laws donate to a cause we like instead of giving us anything (we’re relatively privileged adults; if there’s something i want, i tend to just get it). i’m not all that hopeful that they’ll listen, though…

5 Likes