Grants from Glowforge to fund your creativity at Maker Faire

Duh! :grin:

3 Likes

Cool, we will have to denote on a map of glow booths! (I’ll be over in the medical maker area)

8 Likes

Can’t wait to meet you:-). I love all the multi material stuff you do!!! Right up my alley.

3 Likes

Well, I just heard back from Maker Faire last night, and unfortunately, I did NOT get accepted to be an exhibitor. Bummer. I was really hoping for that. Oh well.

Big thanks to @jamesdhatch for his help with coming up with a prototype and to everyone else who offered to help. Means a lot!

8 Likes

Well bummer! (Maybe next year when you have a little more time to prepare displays for it. I’m sure they were awesome.)

Hey, maybe someone needs help at a booth and you could offer to assist so they can take a break once in a while? If you’re going to be there anyway… :grinning:

5 Likes

i did not get in, either. but i didn’t expect to, it would just have been a nice bonus if i did.

3 Likes

Maker Faire probably got a big ol flood of Glowforge users submitting and had to pick and choose.

4 Likes

Sorry! :disappointed:

2 Likes

like i said, i had very low expectations, so not particularly disappointed. bummed, but i would have been surprised if I did get it.

1 Like

I’ll try to be there on september, hope to meet you guys (and the :glowforge:) :wink:

4 Likes

I’ll be down there Saturday for the day. It’ll be great to put faces next to the names :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think we should put our avatar on our name tags!

6 Likes

join the club, put your face as your avatar

2 Likes

That would be a good idea but if I do it now it will just confuse everyone here:slight_smile:

1 Like

I wear mine every day…:grinning:

7 Likes

I feel the same. Still disappointing.

1 Like

I would do that, but unfortunately, it was not in the budget to go from Mississippi to NY except through this grant. Thanks for the kind words!

1 Like

Well, double poop! :neutral_face:

1 Like

My family and I will be there. As visitors, not booth-runners. I’ll be the one with the :proofgrade:-made

HELLO!
I’M TOM_A.
ASK ME ABOUT MY
:glowforge: GLOWFORGE
LASER

pin. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

July has ended and I still don’t know if I am in the Maker Faire yet! My account says: Status: Pending. I emailed and asked if they needed me to add anything to the application. I reallllly want this to work, so I am going crazy waiting…I guess I should be used to waiting by now.

1 Like