Greetings from the March 2016 Blizzard... (non-laser)

That was great! Thanks!!

It reminds me of when I lived in Machias, ME. I’ve been iced into a house more than once :scream:.

2 Likes

Here’s are front yard a few days after Mondays snow storm.

2 Likes

Like my yard. I live in Lakewood, CO.

2 Likes

Heya dick!
I’m in Lone Tree, not that far away! We may have to get together sometime - especially if you get yours first!

1 Like

Sure. I’m looking forward to getting the GF (Basic) setup in my shop. I have lots of plans. My email is dick_grier@msn.com (website: www.hardandsoftware.net).

Dick

1 Like

A beautiful spring day in New England.

3 Likes

Yeah, we have some tulips that were flattened by 15" of snow.
Springtime on the high plains of the Colorado front range can slam from spring to winter and back in the span of three days.
Tough on fruit trees and trying to get an early start to the growing season!

1 Like

Portland Oregon. Sunshine. Rain promised by sundown.

2 Likes

Its a beautiful 70° and sunny day, finally, in Oklahoma but that can always change…tornado season is upon us

2 Likes

Sunny and it may have hit 70 around Minneapolis about 800 miles north of OKC on I-35.

2 Likes

Sunny and 80° on Friday, cloudy and 30° with 40 mph winds for the weekend, then back up to sunny and 70° on Monday…just another typical few days in DC haha.

3 Likes

Were supposedly going to have snow in Asheville, NC this weekend. yay…

6 Likes

I hope the good weather there holds. We’re headed that way on May 13th to visit our son and daughter-in-law in NJ. DIL has to work in DC for 3 days, so we’re all going and will sightsee with our son during the day. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Early-mid May should be beautiful!! Hopefully most of the humidity will hold off until June, that’s when it starts to get pretty bad. Will it be your first time in DC?

1 Like

We’ve been to DC one time before, but there were many sights we didn’t have time to see. We’ll have three full days and 4 nights this time. I never gave much thought to DC being a place I’d care to see…until we got to go. We loved it…and were enthralled by all the history and incredible museums at hand. I can’t wait to be there again. I have timed our trip to get us back home in time to take delivery of the “you-know-what” in June. At least if everything goes as it should with the GF schedule. I want to be here to see it in person!

2 Likes

Hope you have a great time! The museums are definitely something everyone should see at least once. The Renwick Gallery just re-opened after a long renovation, and the current Wonder Exhibit is amazing!! And the City Center DC is an amazing space to walk through (most of my ‘place to go’ recommendations will pretty much all be influenced by the architecture haha).

You and me both! My birthday is the last week of May, so I’m hoping for a very nice birthday present :heart_eyes: (despite, you know, paying for it myself lol).

2 Likes

My daughter is moving to Maryland the end of May and we will go visit the end of June. I used to live near DC in my younger days… I just remember the cold winters and hot humid summers.
She’ll be living in California, Maryland near the Bay so I hope it s nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lived 9/10 of my life in and around California MD. It’s about 6 miles from the water Maybe 15 from the Bay. Still go there every other week or so for work at the Navy test facilities. Summers are tough for the transients. Even the Desert Rats find it oppressive. I was born there so it never really bothered me. Just got to learn to breath water.

4 Likes

She’ll be working for the Navy as a flight test engineer but she’s tough…lol I hope :wink: I hate hot weather…

3 Likes

Small world. That has been my job at Pax ever since I was 17. Sounds like she is taking the same career path that I did. You get to touch and work with stuff most folks can only dream of. Click on my avatar to see a picture of one of the facilities I work at. The local area is pretty built up now but if you have a swim suit and a friend with a boat it can’t be beat.:wink:

3 Likes