Groot Start Button

It was time to dress up the start button. I did this as a quick demo for my students on combining elements of Photoshop and Illustrator. They got a kick out of the Guardians reference.

I used the Proof Grade Medium Basswood and the stock GF setting for it.

Groot Button.zip (2.4 MB)

56 Likes

I think if you want the graphics to come with the design you need to zip the files. otherwise they get stripped out when they get posted.

2 Likes

Rookie mistake. Doh!

1 Like

i think you may also be able to save the file as a pdf and it will show but im not 100% on that one.

1 Like

Thank you for the file! Welcome to the community!

1 Like

you can post the PNG version.

that’s what I did over on the wedding gift thread.

1 Like

How about posting a photo of the finished project for those of us browsing on tablets? Thanks!

2 Likes

That engrave turned out beautifully.

1 Like

what a fun button! Thanks for sharing. I’ll have to make this one and see how long it is before someone makes a comment. :wink: You should have a contest between the students to see what kind of creativity they come up with for it. Would love to see what they design.

Welcome to the group!!

2 Likes

I played with Groot for a bit and never got an image I was excited about.
You nailed him. Great job.

2 Likes

He looks awesome! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Wait does anyone have any tape for the death button?

1 Like

Hold on, I’ll ask…

1 Like

We loved the idea! We took your Groot in a slightly different direction.

16 Likes

There are a variety of reasons someone may not want to share design files and, it can be uncomfortable for some to have to say no publicly. So, our community standards (and forum rules) are to not to ask and, leave it up to the designer to offer.

Do note that the original version is available in the first post of this thread.

3 Likes

Now I want to replace my recently made escutcheon . I really really like this one better, because I am deeply in love with Groot :wink: and this Groot escutcheon came out great!

1 Like

Hey Suzy, I wonder what kind of wood you used for your Groot escutcheon? Looks also great (in other words ‘I am Groot’)

1 Like

I am Groot (= almost forgot to say), I am Groot (= thank you for sharing)!

1 Like

That’s cool! Glad to see you were able to take it and make it your own. Awesome!