Groot Start Button

I played with Groot for a bit and never got an image I was excited about.
You nailed him. Great job.

2 Likes

He looks awesome! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Wait does anyone have any tape for the death button?

1 Like

Hold on, I’ll ask…

1 Like

We loved the idea! We took your Groot in a slightly different direction.

16 Likes

There are a variety of reasons someone may not want to share design files and, it can be uncomfortable for some to have to say no publicly. So, our community standards (and forum rules) are to not to ask and, leave it up to the designer to offer.

Do note that the original version is available in the first post of this thread.

3 Likes

Now I want to replace my recently made escutcheon . I really really like this one better, because I am deeply in love with Groot :wink: and this Groot escutcheon came out great!

1 Like

Hey Suzy, I wonder what kind of wood you used for your Groot escutcheon? Looks also great (in other words ‘I am Groot’)

1 Like

I am Groot (= almost forgot to say), I am Groot (= thank you for sharing)!

1 Like

That’s cool! Glad to see you were able to take it and make it your own. Awesome!

How do you cut out groot ?

How do you cut out groot?

Are you familiar with Illustrator? I use that program and do an offset path. I’m literally standing in front of my Glowforge right now, making an edge-lit acrylic Avengers logo for a friend and used that trick to cut it out on the GF.

1 Like

That’s just the basic 1/8th inch Baltic Birch plywood from Woodpeckers.

To cut out Groot, I just traced him in Inkscape.

im new to all this. ive tried tracing this on inkscape and nothing happens. ive been watching videos but nothing works.

I’m new and i am having trouble figuring out how to take an image and make it cut and etch what i want ugh

1 Like

I used it for my first print job. Excellent artwork was exciting to watch. Thank you!

Very welcome!

1 Like