Halloween jack o lanterns

Jackolamterns36

Let me know if any issues? You may need to use Inkscape to ungroup if you only want some or need to move 'em around…

37 Likes

Very cool… what material did you use?

It was some 0.18 inch maple(cherry?) ply I picked up at woodworkers source and dyed orange with powdered wood dye (mixed yellow and red) mixed with water based polyurethane.

The quarter sheets aren’t bad and I’ve had good luck staining and dying them

11 Likes

Wood dye, eh? URL?

No clue what he uses, but this is what I have been using.

My local woodcrafters has it, and cheaper.

5 Likes

Woodcraft, Rockler and Craft Supplies probably all carry wood dyes these days. I haven’t bought any in ages though.

3 Likes

This is what I used
https://www.amazon.com/Wood-Dye-Aniline-Color-Stain/dp/B00BAKWTMQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1539982001&sr=8-3&keywords=stain+powder
add to a little hot water then to any water based finsih (or as is), but adding to a clearcoat does two steps in one… and you can mix colors, etc.

5 Likes

I just rearranged them and squeaked 18% material savings out of it.

jacks

20 Likes

I am going to fire up beamer tonight. I haven’t run him in months. :frowning:

1 Like

LOL I was just looking at the cutout in my hands and thinking I could have flipped every other row … right before you posted that… :grin:

3 Likes

14 Likes

Oh, very cute! And thanks for the designs. Are you going to pass them out for Trick-or-Treats?

1 Like

i have that exact package. haven’t cracked it open yet. i really need to do that.

1 Like

You’re not going to be one of those weird houses that just passes those out instead of candy are you LOL egg comes off better when it’s still wet hahaha

10 Likes

thank you for this or I would have had to do it, haha.

Adorable idea.

popcorn balls… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

ERmaGerd! I lurve popcorn balls! (So where are you?) :wink:
(Might be a little hedgie among the Trick-or-Treaters!)

3 Likes

ToT: “Moooooooommm!! I found something in my popcorn ball!!!”

mom: “Oh my gosh, is it a razor??”

ToT: “No. It looks like… a wooden pumpkin?”

5 Likes

I might be not seeing clearly today :sunglasses:, but is there a link to download the design? I don’t see it and I’d like to give it a try.