Halloween Plague Doctor Mask

Pretty cool. Love the colors.

1 Like

Pretty amazing job! It totally looks like leather.

2 Likes

Oh cool…I thought it was leather too. Very spookaaay!

2 Likes

I love the look of this fabric. I find it has a very leathery texture to it, but it’s much lighter. It’s also thinner.

The wallet I made from it is very light and thin, which is what I like for wallets.

1 Like

I just wish it came in more colors…

Have you tried any kind of color treatments on the natural cork version? Will it take paint or leather dye?

1 Like

I have not tried any finish on it at all. I only ordered the yellow and red to test things out, and I’m almost out of it. I’m probably going to order other colors soon, since I like it so much. Although I don’t have any other projects in mind yet.

I also have not tested if I can engrave on it at all. That’s going to be one of my next tests.

1 Like

Keep us posted!

1 Like

Love the geometric objects in the background of the second photo!!!

2 Likes

Those are my giant laser-cut gears. You can see a better picture here:

And a video on youtube here:

Those were made on a laser-cutter, but not a GF. I made those before getting the GF.

8 Likes

Nice mask!

You know, but others may not, that the Plague Doctor has been a point of interest here since the start of the forum.

2 Likes

Your creations are AMAZING!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

3 Likes

Well done!

2 Likes

Looks amazing!

1 Like

How did you manage the locked PDFs to get the pattern suitable for the Glowforge?

I believe he bought it.

Well of course he did. So did I. Months ago. Still trying to figure out how to use the locked and restricted pdf. The designer is adamant that no one be able to use the file on a laser.

Oh sorry, didn’t realize it was an inside thing.

This is amazing, why keep it only for Halloween? Especially seeing as we’re kind of in/out a pandemic! It could be easily incorporated into a special outfit :smiley:

I don’t remember the pdfs being locked at all. I think he may have added that lock recently.

Wow!! This is fantastic!