Halloween Plague Doctor Mask

I made a Plague Doctor mask for Halloween. I made it for myself, but as soon as my son saw it, he high-jacked it for his own Halloween party.

It was made using this pattern:

The pattern and accompanying video were great! Well worth their price.

I used the GF to cut all the cork fabric I used (it’s Cork Fabric that @Rebecca used for her wallet)

My son wore it to a Halloween party on the weekend, and made one little kid cry. So … mission accomplished … I guess?

49 Likes

I like your deceptively cheerful color scheme. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Both you and your son have great taste!!! What a wonderful mask. I actually have that very mask pattern sitting in a wish list :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Just so you know, it took me about 6 hours of stitching to hand stitch it.

4 Likes

Very cool

1 Like

Zero stitching, zero leather, definitely a step down in cool over the proper version you made… but also no 6 hours of stitching, either.

7 Likes

Thank you for the warning. It takes me about 2.5-3 hours to stitch the executive wallet in the Glowforge catalog.

1 Like

Mission totally accomplished. “Rad!” cries the person from the U.S.!

1 Like

Pretty cool. Love the colors.

1 Like

Pretty amazing job! It totally looks like leather.

2 Likes

Oh cool…I thought it was leather too. Very spookaaay!

2 Likes

I love the look of this fabric. I find it has a very leathery texture to it, but it’s much lighter. It’s also thinner.

The wallet I made from it is very light and thin, which is what I like for wallets.

1 Like

I just wish it came in more colors…

Have you tried any kind of color treatments on the natural cork version? Will it take paint or leather dye?

1 Like

I have not tried any finish on it at all. I only ordered the yellow and red to test things out, and I’m almost out of it. I’m probably going to order other colors soon, since I like it so much. Although I don’t have any other projects in mind yet.

I also have not tested if I can engrave on it at all. That’s going to be one of my next tests.

1 Like

Keep us posted!

1 Like

Love the geometric objects in the background of the second photo!!!

2 Likes

Those are my giant laser-cut gears. You can see a better picture here:

And a video on youtube here:

Those were made on a laser-cutter, but not a GF. I made those before getting the GF.

8 Likes

Nice mask!

You know, but others may not, that the Plague Doctor has been a point of interest here since the start of the forum.

2 Likes

Your creations are AMAZING!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

3 Likes

Well done!

2 Likes