Handcut with a laser!

Saw this on reddit, didn’t have the patience to cut it out by hand like they claimed to. Replicated it, added LASER, done!

120 Likes

additional likes
:blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

12 Likes

:blue_heart: Bam!

10 Likes

I know at least one artist who does stuff vaguely similar and with this level of detail, and yes she does it by hand with a blade.

14 Likes

The guy who made this says it took around 16 hours, this took roughly 30 minutes to print. Glowforge should just adopt the tag line “life is too short to cut things by hand”. hahah.

35 Likes

Beary nice!

14 Likes

That is… :+1:

7 Likes

New bi-line for them!
I understand the motivation for the artist though, a focus like that is meditation.

Edit; because I do my best proof reading just after I hit send.

11 Likes

Whoa whoa whoa! :clap:

4 Likes

Fer crying out loud I can’t take these paper experiments anymore. Awesome work there, I am flippin’ gonna have a stroke from excitement when my unit finally arrives. Sigh.

15 Likes

You above anyone else have reason to be excited about the paperwork! I hope you will continue with the forum participation and share your glory with us.

8 Likes

Oh I’ll be here! I’ve got way too much mental energy wrapped up into this gadget to walk away now! I need to create or I’ll die. :joy:

10 Likes

Years ago, I was going to assemble one of those papercraft V-8 engines. Got about 3 pages and 2 blades in before giving up.

6 Likes

Really cool and all, but if I’m being honest… this kind of triggers my trypophobia… =P

4 Likes

had to look that up…

2 Likes

Heh, if you’re trypophobic (and didn’t know it), my apologies for what you may have found. =)

3 Likes

So how would the honeycomb crumb tray work for you? Lots of holes there. Wow.

3 Likes

@newbies_234 That is AMAZING! Any specifics on the paper you used?

2 Likes

This could look really cool back lit.

2 Likes

Really cool! nice job!

2 Likes