Hanging Around

This just makes me smile. I gotta make one of these for my kids :smile:

4 Likes

A marble or two would be somewhat universal and also nice looking. … and not much redesigning necessary.

I see @jamesdhatch suggested that long ago (by forum standards). I wondered if I should finish readjng the thread before posting. Next time…

4 Likes

What fun would that be? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Personally I always try to speak before thinking, it just speeds the process up!

11 Likes

I write so much better than I speak - because when I write I bother to think about what I want to say. :nerd: and use a vocabulary.
I still talk pretty much like a sailor. :skull: :flushed:

6 Likes

Whenever I hear “curse like a sailor”, all I can think of is Captain Haddock, from Tintin.

17 Likes

Well I liked that Captain Haddock graphic a little too much, so I made myself a little bit of Tintin fan art with the sandblaster. Sprayed the graphic black before removing the sandblast resist (ie masking) the same way we will be able to do with Glowforge-engraved designs.

27 Likes

Very cute! Envying you your sandblaster…

Engineering to my wife’s preferences is proving more time consuming than I thought. There is always the “what if you did this” comment that comes after the project is almost complete. So far only three designs completed. The Banjo guy has a swinging arm and head; Mandolin Girl has a swinging arm, leg and moving eye on the moon; the campers have two kids bouncing up and down in different windows, a dog moving left and right in the door, and the flag swinging back and forth. Let’s see what idea the next beer generates. Used proofgrade for the stands, but cheap material for the rest to give them a rustic look.

41 Likes

Absolutely wonderful! The combination of your engineering skills and your wife’s artistry is deadly! I think these will be irresistible in the gift shops.

7 Likes

I am completely to blame for the Banjo guy’s head though. Looks like a cue ball with a hat. Can’t draw worth crap.

10 Likes

Very Nice! The jumping kids idea is great :+1:

At least I don’t suffer alone.

5 Likes

Very nice! I was really close to posting a what if comment, but I got nothin.

3 Likes

I absolutely love your designs. Art is in the eyes of the beholder :smile: I like cue-ball banjo player :wink:

7 Likes

Loving these!

1 Like

Love them …seems you and your wife are quite the combo. ( How bout a running dog ?)

3 Likes

I like the cue ball guy too…and the idea of a doggie. (I’ll bet they sell out at the craft fair. Better make a few more.) :wink:

And I think we need some videos of the camper and eye movements before you sell them all.

8 Likes

Another vote for cue ball headed banjo guy.

People like animals. A barn and some barnyard animals popping around could sell.

5 Likes

You knew those ball bearings would be good for something… Now you may need more!

4 Likes

Sitting at Surplus City in Cumberland MD right now. Just picked up 10 lbs of 7/8" ball bearings.

16 Likes

I suggest a fisherman version, incorporating the counterweight shaft as the fishing line.

9 Likes