Happy Halloween! Ooooooohhhhhhhh!

Another thing about EL wire is that (within limits) it’s reusable. This year, for example, the 8-year-old went as a zombie vampire, pretty much all in black. Not wanting to lose him, I ran some red EL around the edges of his candy bag, and no problem. In a couple days it comes back off, gets coiled up, and goes down in the basement with the rest of the EL stash.

9 Likes

What is the lifespan of that stuff?

4 Likes

I don’t know, but pretty long, I think. The only problem will be that bending and unbending could damage it eventually.

Ah. Dr G says a couple thousand hours or so to half brightness under normal-ish use.

7 Likes

Thanks!
Versatile stuff.

5 Likes

Didn’t make the dress… but I modified it alot… added waist garnishes and a bustle that matched the petticoat underneath. I don’t know why wedding dresses don’t have bustles built in already…I guess they want you to drag the dress on the floor at the reception…lol

6 Likes

lol Not really…

2 Likes

iwas gonna go with the box in the lower left…:grin:

3 Likes

Safety Engineer (again): You do have to be careful. Inspect the length for kinks and damage, especially when little kids are involved. Those EL wires run at 120 volts AC (some higher peak-peak), often at 2000 Hertz frequency. They don’t use much current, but a little kid getting shocked at the right moment in the heart beat cycle, could be a medical emergency. Just some caution. - Rich

3 Likes

First time making my own hair piece. I decided to go as The Tandy Man.

24 Likes

Chuckle! I like it! :smile:

1 Like

I sent Eli off in a rocket man costume. The turbines in the jetpack were lasercut and the fabric for the flames was all lasercut too :slight_smile:

The lasercut clown face went down very well, particularly when lit up with some neopixels

25 Likes

Perfect application of your clown!

2 Likes

Oh, that is so clever with the coke bottle rockets! :grinning:

(And the kids around here would probably be scared to approach your house with that clown over the door - but it looks fantastic! ROFL!)

4 Likes

What a lucky son you have! - Rich

2 Likes

Love it!! Poor good clowns get a bad rep…lol

2 Likes

21 Likes

These are so good! I like the musical instruments for contrast. The blond woman on the right is the scary one! :wink: - Rich

5 Likes

She was our makeup artist. I was totally fine with it, until I realized that the guys outside of our department were checking me out. Apparently, I make a really cute female…

11 Likes

Shades o’ Steve Martin! Great costumes!

4 Likes

Oh my! Those costumes are spectacular…don’t tell me you all made them or I will give up the ghost right now!

(And I thought you were King Tut, not Cleopatra! Snort…ROFL!)

Funky Tut!

8 Likes