Hardware Storage Bin SVG files

I had posted photos of hardware storage bins I had made in the Made on a Glowforge section.

Attached is the files to make the frames and individual storage bins. The frames were made from 1/4" Baltic birch plywood, and the individual bins/drawers were made from 1/8" Baltic birch plywood. I have the sides and bottoms of the drawers in one file (three sets per sheet) and the fronts and backs in a separate file (18 sets, but if you flip the used sheet around, you can get three more from the “margin” that was at the top of the sheet. I added text to the fronts to label what is in the bin/drawer. Each frame holds 20 bins/drawers. Three frames will fit across a 48 inch shelving unit with enough room that the bins/drawers are not blocked by the frame of the shelving unit. It takes 9 sheets of 1/4" plywood to make one frame, and 8 sheets of 1/8" plywood to make 21 complete bins/drawers.
Parts Storage Bins.zip (15.0 KB)

86 Likes

What stops the bottoms falling out of the drawers with all that weight? Are they all glued in?

1 Like

Thank you for your generous share!

2 Likes

Yes, they are all glued in. With all of those finger tabs, and using unfinished wood, there is a lot of surface area for the glue to hold. If done properly with a good wood glue, the glued joints are stronger than the wood itself. I used Gorilla wood glue, but Titebond II, Titebond lIII, or Elmer’s wood glue would work just as well as long as the wood is unfinished. If the wood is prefinished, sand the finish off the tabs. I use a rotary tool for that when I use PG wood.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your file. I may not need it for hardware, but I sure can use it for my craftroom. You’re very generous to share your file.

2 Likes

Very generous share. Thanks

1 Like

Thank you!! Honestly, I’d use CA glue for the glue up. That with a little accelerator will put this together in no time flat!

1 Like

I’m always looking for a better way to store small thing and this look great for just that. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

very slick.

my next useful project is going to be a holder for all of the “stuff” that goes along with my blackstone griddle.

2 Likes

Thank you for the file. I need this.

1 Like

Wowwizzerz great organizing project!!! Thanks for sharing the file too!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I’m sure many of us can put it to good use.

1 Like

Thank you I will be making this for sure

1 Like

great idea and thanks for the svg files. but. since I did this same sort of design, I ran the in’s and out’s of the cuts together into one path for cutting where possible to minimize the amount of cutting the laser has to do. see the attached edited file!

Drawers 3 sets of sides and bottoms lazlo.svg.zip (2.5 KB)

5 Likes

Thanks so much! My kid is gonna love this to keep her crafts tidy - and so will Mummy & Daddy!

1 Like

Thank you very much @fleckrj . Great for organizing all that hardware.

As the saying goes:

“There is no such thing as too much hardware - The Pentagon” :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

My husband will love this! Thanks so much!

1 Like

I have been crafting out of a spare room in my home for about 5yrs. My Mom, Dad & husband just finished helping me build my very own business workshop. I’m always making projects that my mom wants. But my dad never asks for anything. As soon as I saw your project, I knew this would be great for him. Thank you for sharing your ideas and talents.
That Little Something
Brandi Jackson-Pounders

5 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this file! This is exactly what we need to put all our junk in, so we can find things when we need them!

1 Like