Harp decoration

I’m working on building a lever harp, and the Glowforge has provided some decoration for the soundboard. They’re cut from walnut veneer to match the wood of the pillar, neck and soundbox. And they’re the most precise parts of the whole project!

67 Likes

A favorite instrument! begs for a lot of Celtic Knotwork!

2 Likes

Are you documenting the build anywhere? This is really cool.

5 Likes

Lovely.

2 Likes

The whole thing is a piece of art! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Amazing!

2 Likes

Beautiful work. Hope to see more of this project.

2 Likes

It would be a series about making stupid mistakes and trying to correct them. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Beautiful. Be sure to post pics of the finished harp as well!

3 Likes

It’s so lovely!!!

4 Likes

I’d love to hear how it sounds when it’s finished.

4 Likes

nice

1 Like

The black is a favorite of mine, I salute your choice of wood. Please share with us the strung, finished work. It’s going to be magnificent.

2 Likes

This entire forum is made of up projects that evolved exactly like that…and continue as we are here right now. We can’t make progress without making mistakes along the way. Include me as someone who would really love to see the harp when you’re finished…so far it looks incredible.

3 Likes

Sounds like it has potential for a lot of educational value. That’s how making stuff works. :grinning:

“Every defect gets respect.” –Laura Kampf

3 Likes

That’s pretty fantastic!

Absolutely gorgeous! I would also like to hear it once it’s finished.

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! When I get it strung up (and assuming my woodworking holds up to about 1,100 pounds of string tension), I’ll post an update. It will just be string sounds, though, because the final step in this project is, “learn to play the harp.” :grimacing:

12 Likes

That is beautiful! I love when the GF is used in woodworking. A little hand craft mixed with new technology. Love it!

2 Likes

Terrific! First harp on the forum I think. Nice work! Can’t wait to hear it played!

1 Like