Harry Potter Monopoly bills and bank tray

I recently made another Harry Potter Monopoly set (Custom Harry Potter Monopoly Game Set) as a wedding gift for my little sister and my new brother-in-law. Since the coins took so long last time I decided to design paper bills and a new bank tray.

The bank tray is made in a similar way to the coin trays I made previously. I designed it in 3D then broke it down into cross-sections. I cut the cross-section layers out of 1/8" baltic birch plywood and glued them together. I used hammered finish spraypaint to finish it off.

46 Likes

Hmm that bill tray turned out nicely, the curved sides are clever. Well done.

10 Likes

Wow that’s astonishing. Love the curved edge!

8 Likes

Yeah, those curved sides have a nice solid look.

7 Likes

Awesome addition to the board. The tray looks great with the curved edge.

6 Likes

Did you print and cut the bills yourself? That seems cheaper, but still sounds like a lot of work! Unless you have paper slicer/cutter that can easily cut straight lines?

Nice work! I don’t care for the game of Monopoly (yet I own three copies of it).

6 Likes

What a wonderful gift. This will be used and cherished for years!

5 Likes

That looks awesome, especially the curved sides!

4 Likes

BEautiful work! A gift they will enjoy for many years to come! Nice!

3 Likes

A real labor of love that is!

3 Likes

Thanks!

I did print and cut the bills myself. I used a paper cutter and did multiple sheets at a time. It took a little while but was nothing compared to engraving and painting the coins.

2 Likes

This is so well done! :clap:

3 Likes

NICE!

I think this is the first time I’ve seen the cross-section technique used to that thickness. Did you use a jig to keep them aligned while the glue dried?

2 Likes

When I made the coin trays I included 1/4" holes and used dowels to help align the pieces. That ended up being more work then it was worth though, so this time I just lined them up and used a few clamps to hold it together while the glue dried. The pieces weren’t line up perfectly but some sanding flattened everything out. I left some uneven section in the curved portion intentionally though because I thought it made it look more rustic.

4 Likes

These are amazing, love your attention to detail!

3 Likes

Love the money tray! Very creative! An awesome gift!

2 Likes