Harry Potter Monopoly Final

That is sooooooo fabulous!!!

3 Likes

Fantastic job.

2 Likes

Felt. Or puzzle piece type edge connectors.

4 Likes

What about a large sheet of thin leather? Engraved of course!

5 Likes

You could 3d print directly onto 1/8" magnets. A thin leather board surface with a layer of sheet metal under would hold them. @bill.m.davis You could also use a dowel pin alignment plug to align holes that could hold stronger magnets to hold the board together.

3 Likes

OK, I have to ask. How many hours have you spent on this?

2 Likes

Hard to say, as I’ve been working on it on and off for over a year. I did the first board a long time ago, and didn’t start working on the coins and 3D stuff until a few months ago. I wanted to have the box done, but my machine is having issues with the pass through software, so I may have a friend cut it on his non-glowforge laser. I’d guesstimate around 60 hours, give or take 30 hours. :wink:

10 Likes

I love it!

2 Likes

Wow you are really good. It would have been about 1K hours for me!

2 Likes

I told my husband I’m in love with the board. After seeing it, he understands. :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Wow just wow ———- just WOW!!!

INCREDIBLE!!!

5 Likes

Oh my goodness! So amazing!!! You are really pushing this group to stretch their minds on future projects!

I know my daughter must never see this!

6 Likes

absolutely phenomenal. I love it so much.

1 Like

Wow.

I am working on a monopoly-like game for my family that will have a slightly different objective. (There will be two winners - one based on wealth, the other based on a different metric.) I really like the details you’ve put into this.

That board is absolutely beautiful. Now I will have to rethink my plan to use simple baltic birch ply.

3 Likes

That is absolutely delightful! I love it. This is truly mischief managed!

3 Likes

The amount of detail in this is just mind boggling! As many others have said - wow!

3 Likes

Well this is simply beyond words. Truly amazing work!

2 Likes

That is amazing! You put a lot into that. Where did you get the material for the coins and what setting did you use to run them? I need some options since I haven’t gotten my latest order in over 3 weeks now.

2 Likes

Bronze, Gold, and Silver mirrored acrylic from inventables. Not sure on the settings, but 99% positive it was same as proofgrade acrylic settings.

3 Likes

Thank you. I will check them out.

1 Like