Having an issue uploading bitmap files only

Even ones I have loaded before result in an unexpected error has occurred. I’ve tried from both Safari and Chrome.

If you want help here you probably need to post an example “bitmap file” that is exhibiting the problem. :sunglasses:

glowforgelogo.bmp.zip (94.9 KB)

One problem seems to be that that actually is a bitmap format file. (Right now, the interface only reads JPG, PNG, PDF and SVG formats. If you convert to one of those formats it should read without any problem.) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@tekwiz33: Doesn’t work for me. either I did not think BMP files were supported. Are you sure that you loaded a “.bmp” file before?

The bitmap image uses 256 grey scale “colors”. I converted it into a GIF with no loss of precision and the GIF file uploaded just fine. :sunglasses:

Well that explains it, I have this one pic that I thought I’d used before, I know it loaded but I also have a jpg version of it so I guess that is what I loaded! I didn’t realize bmp files weren’t supported. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer @lightner, that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if you have any other questions, go ahead and post a new topic.