Having Problem lining up

I posted earlier about the calibration, that was fixed. Cut a new Jig, test and printed. They all came out great. Used set focus every time. I took a break turning everything off. Now it is not centering. I am not new with the GF. I have been having problems with it lining up. That is why I moved it to a more solid surface, hoping that was the problem. It is very frustrating and ready to cry over all this.

You mean it isn’t completing the calibration at startup, or you’re having an issue aligning your design?

It finished, and it worked fine until I shut it off for a bit. When turned back on, it would not line up.

If I understand, with the machine off, gently position the head under the camera and turn it on. That might help in the calibration the machine performs each time it is turned on.

1 Like

Hi @scoobydoo. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve run into some trouble with your Glowforge getting stuck while centering. I see you’ve been getting some great help from @PrintToLaser, and I’ll be happy to join the discussion to troubleshoot to get you back up and printing without worry. I’ve been looking at the logs from your Glowforge, and I noticed that your unit was broadcasting its temporary Wi-Fi signal during some print attempts on March 30th. However, I didn’t see this continue with recent print activities,. If you’re still noticing it getting stuck during centering I have some troubleshooting steps below:

Could you please check the color of the button on your Glowforge when it gets stuck during any centering or calibration stage?

If the button is teal, this shows that the unit is waiting for you to connect to it for Wi-Fi setup, and you will not be able to calibrate or print. Please power off your Glowforge and then power it back on. Check to make sure there is nothing sitting on your Glowforge that may be accidentally pressing the button such as material or tools.

If the button is not teal and you’re still having trouble calibrating, please let me know and we’ll keep working to make sure that you’re back to printing as quickly as possible. Thank you!

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.