OK, went to use my Glowforge on a project I have been working on since the weekend. I’ve done four successful cuts of this and had one more tweak I was trying, and then disaster.
I started it up and went to work on another project while it engraved behind me (55 minutes). I kinda noticed it sounded weird (a kind of bounce at each end of each engrave line) so after about 30 minutes I went to check on it. The engrave was ALL SORTS of messed up.
I started it over again and early in the print I noticed a hole in the side of the laser head, where the little lens thing was supposed to be. I looked in my case and saw that lens off to the side of the case and then noticed that the engrave (which I thought was going well) was DEFINITELY not. It was doubling the image like double vision.
I shut everything down and pulled the head off and recovered the lens and screwed it back in. I was gonna give up for the night but then I decided to do a vastly scaled down version of the engrave and cut. Yeah that didn’t work either.
(It’s an engrave of the Death Star Schematic)
Not sure why the video isn’t showing up but it shows the bounce in action.