Head not moving . Stuck on centering/homing

Hello,

I have read the forum, and tried all the suggestions given, but my machine still won’t move from centering.

How do I go about getting this black cable replaced?

Same here! Started yesterday it does not power up fully. It normally makes a start up noise and it is not completely making it any more. And goes directly to focusing. Does not change from there. Called support and they are sending a new head.

When you say “all the suggestions” we don’t know what you’ve tried. Please run through the steps here and update your post with detailed responses as to what you’ve tried. When a staff member gets here they’ll be able to review and move forward, rather than asking you to do the same things and then having to wait for you to respond.

If it does turn out to be a black cable issue, they seem to be back-ordered currently, so hopefully it turns out to be something else!

Hi @timberwooddesignsca, I am happy to help troubleshoot!

First, It’s possible for your Wi-Fi to work well enough to run the app, but still need an assist for the calibrating step. For example, if the WiFi signal is poor, your Glowforge may not be able to upload the information it’s capturing for calibration. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge, and this appears to be what is happening during some calibrations. I recommend walking through the steps on our Offline Support Page.

Next, I also some calibrations failing most likely due to the material placed in the bed. During calibration, the lid camera finds the Printer Head by taking a series of images. There are a few different reasons this error may be occurring. Please walk through the steps below to get back on track.

Once you’ve had a chance to perform these troubleshooting steps, turn on your Glowforge and let it try the calibration again. If you are still having trouble, let us know!

Hi Danielle,

I have tried all the suggestions you provided there. It is not my internet as it is full signal strength.

What are my next steps? It can take over 25 minutes for it to finally allow me to start a project, them it takes another 5 minutes to prepare a print and just before I can click start, it goes offline again.

The :glowforge: doesn’t care if your internet is strong, it cares if it is stable. While (for example) a video can buffer, the laser has to start again at the beginning if there is a drop in the signal in the middle of each phase. They can see from the logs what your internet stability looks like - if they’re suggesting you go through those steps - you should actually go through those steps.

1 Like

Hi @timberwooddesignsca,

Could I also have you run an internet speed test for me?

Google provides one for you if you google " internet speed test". Please send me a screenshot of the upload and download speeds, or just the numbers it reports.

This is what mine looks like for example: