Head not moving

Head will not move. Feel like I’ve tried everything. Cleaned the lens, the body in and out. Crumb tray cleared. Restarted wifi. Restarted the app. etc. If I put the head under the camera and power the machine on, I hear the clicking and the button will light on for a second and will hear more clicking and start up noises. The head will not move. Went through a full setup and put the ribbon connector back on and put the head in the right hand back corner like the first time and powered up, no movement. Very frustrated, have jobs to make and the holidays are around the corner. HELP!

1 Like

What status is showing in the app? Offline? Calibrating?

1 Like

Calibrating

Okay…first place to start is probably here: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/troubleshooting/wi-fi#glowforge-is-offline

Let us know what happens!

2 Likes

BTW, my wife is a geriatric nurse practitioner.

1 Like

I’ve done all of the troubleshooting stuff

Give your wife a high-five for me! :slight_smile:

Other stuff to check:

Lenses all clean? And the logo on top of the head (camera uses it for orientation)?

Any changes in the GF environment that might affect the wifi signal? One person mounted a metal plate beside theirs to attach their magnets to, and that was apparently enough to disrupt the wifi signal and throw the machine into eternal calibration…another piece of hardware could theoretically do the same (fan, printer, etc.).

Some have had luck changing the wifi channel.

Lighting changes? Too much or too little ambient lighting can sometimes have an effect on the camera’s ability to focus.

2 Likes

Oh. I forgot about the lid open thing – turn the GF off, open the lid (so it won’t start calibrating), turn it back on, let it sit a few minutes before closing. That works if it’s trying to download an update and that’s competing with calibration.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.