"Heart Shaped Jewelry Box" SVG Generator

We just released a new Cuttle template for a Heart Shaped Jewelry Box.

heart box

Here’s the customizable template:

Like our other templates, you can customize the overall size (width) and height of the box, as well as put in your material thickness so that the joints fit perfectly.

Assembly

It’s assembled from 12 vertical slats which press-fit into the base.

assembly1

We score numbers into the slats and base to help you match them up!

A top piece then locks everything in place.

assembly2

There’s also a lid which reuses the interior cut from the top piece.

assembly3

Full assembly diagram:

Decorative Lids

We also include 3 decorative lids. Here’s the “Leaf Lid” cut from PG Light Walnut.

Of course you can also make your own custom lid. Click “Edit in Cuttle” and then add your own cut-outs to the “Plain Lid”.

Credits

This project was another collaboration between me and @federico. It’s also inspired by @bwente’s work using Cuttle to make “slat boxes”, like his Coffin Box and Ferrous Guy.

Finally, here is an SVG of the plain box that is 5" wide and 2" tall. It is tuned for PG Light plywood (.118" material thickness with .007" kerf). But of course you can use the generator above to make it whatever size you want and for whatever material thickness.

Heart Shaped Box - Cut Layout

The above file is free forever for personal use. The Cuttle template is free for the next two weeks (until Feb 20), then it will become a Cuttle premium template.

Hope you like it! :heart:

58 Likes

That’s cuttle-icious!

8 Likes

love it!!

6 Likes

This is awesome, thank you!

6 Likes

Very generous of you, Thanks! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

This is great! Thanks!!

6 Likes

Thank you for the share!

3 Likes

Another great cuttle template and contains what I think is a tremendous design feature. Looking closely at the bottom of each tab, there’s a tiny scored number that corresponds to its intended slot. Fantastic!

5 Likes

Glad you noticed!

Yes, these scores work great for matching up the pieces! I was quite pleased with how well this feature turned out.

And they end up being entirely inside the design (hidden within the joint), so you can’t see them on the assembled piece.

8 Likes

I love this design.
I bumped up the size (to as tall as would fit on my gforge without passthrough) and managed to cram a word clock inside. I had to shift a few of the side panels outwards a bit but that was no biggie.
If the LED matrix had been any bigger, this would not have worked. As is, I am bending up the corners at the bottom to make it fit. Cranked out a few of these for local sales.

14 Likes

That turned out great. You’ve gotten really good at those clocks!

7 Likes

You can never have enough hearts. Love the number scores! Fantastic! Thank you for sharing the file and the link to the template.

4 Likes

Thanks for this. I love the cuttle designs you share. I plan to make it a bank with a clear acrylic top and leaving out one of the side pieces. I’ll post a photo when I have it done.

4 Likes

Wow!

2 Likes

Wow! That’s quite a remix… I’m impressed!

I love the stand you made for it too.

Thank you for sharing! Could I include these pictures with a link to your website in the next Cuttle newsletter?

3 Likes

Yes.

Plenty more photos here. take your pick.

That stand was a good fit but not stable front to back. So stand 2.0 was needed. Same spacing but with bigger feet. Sorry no photos of that stand.

The clocks are here on my website.

7 Likes

Thanks for linking the album!

I love this shot showing how it’s made…

2 Likes

Update: @federico recorded a tutorial video on how to use the template and assemble it:

5 Likes