Heat Transfer Vinyl

Im just curious. I don’t see anything about making iron on transfers. Is that a thing? i had ideas for shirts and wanted to make my own design but I do not know if it’s safe to do so and I’m not really getting a clear anser from the internet. Or could I ‘print’ right onto a shirt?
Thank you in advance.

IF you’re talking about vinyl like you use in the Cricut, it’s a hard no…I think there may be some products out there that might fit your needs but it must be laser safe and vinyl is not…

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply.
I don’t have any experience with a Cricut, but in my search I saw PVC- free vinyl transfer paper. It says laser safe, but not sure if they mean Co2 laser.

Most Heat Transfer Vinyl is actually laser safe . I use the Siser brand because most of theirs is PVC free. They have them marked on their app/website.

9 Likes

If it’s PVC free and says laser safe, you’re probably good!

7 Likes

You can engrave fabric. There are many discussions if you search “fabric”. Here is a place to start.

3 Likes

There are laser-safe products available, but for the level of effort required, you’d be better off just buying a cheap vinyl cutter.

Having a laser doesn’t make it the best tool for every job.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.