Hebrew font still coming out backwards

Hi, I reported this a few months ago, that thread is closed, but it is still not working.

I am using your Premium text feature with Hebrew, but its rendering it backwards. For example if you use SuesOne font with the word Shalom it should come out like שָׁלוֹם, but it comes out in reverse. NOTE, that it is correct when you type it into the text box, but when you render it on GF bed, it is incorrectly reversed.

Do you have any anticipated date by which this will be fixed?

Thanks,
Jason

2 Likes

That is weird. Sorry I can’t test on my own unit right now. Try making two samples, one above the other. Type your word, use it as presented. Make a copy of it and mirror it using the GFUI tools. Then print and see if the weirdness continues. Post a photo, that will help troubleshooters.

5 Likes

It’s not mirroring the image. It’s incorrectly putting the characters in reverse order.

Support already acknowledged this bug, they can check on the progress and let you know.

1 Like

With most folk typing left to right any other language going the other way would do this without special attention. The easy workaround? Type it backward!

If only such workaround worked with driving :grin:

2 Likes

That’s not really a workaround. Even in Latin script, characters change form and spacing depending on what’s next to them. (“fi”, for example. Also those quotes. And these parenthesis.) Text rendering is very complicated. Hopefully the library Glowforge is using has the right capabilities and they just need to hook it up properly.

2 Likes

Thank you for your patience while I checked on this. Unfortunately we don’t have an update at this time, but I was able to verify that our team is aware of the issue and they’re still looking into it.

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into other trouble, or have any other questions, please feel free to post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help.