Height of Custom Materials

I’m trying to engrave on some wood that is .252" tall and when I get it all queued up the glowforge stops and says to please enter a number between 0 and .5" tall. Then I have to restart both my browser and the forge to get it back up to where I am able to type in the material height only to have this happen again. Can anybody offer any solutions? I just engraved a piece that was .252" tall with the exact same settings, but now it will not accept it. Please help I need to get these pieces done tonight!

Check to see that the red dot from the focusing pass lands on your material. If not, use either a piece of paper on the bed under your material (but then make sure you enter the .252 in the focal distance for each operation) or use the Set Focus (under the gear icon on the menubar) to picked a place on your material so it lands the focus on your material.

3 Likes

Also, if you click set focus, it will lock the material height field and the you have refresh the page to unlock the field.

Set focus is definitely the easiest way. It’s under the little gear icon. Click set focus, click a spot on the material, and you should be good to go.

4 Likes

I had an issue similar to what you are saying. I typed .252 (or what I was looking for) and it rejected it, so I typed 0.252 and had no issue.

3 Likes

Hi @paperpantherdesign! I’m so sorry for the delayed response. After extracting the logs of your Glowforge I noticed that you’ve been able to print since starting this thread. I’m glad to hear that! Could you please let us know if you’re still running into any troubles?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @paperpantherdesign, it’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.