Hello Seattle..I am in you

Oh no! I used to spend long hours there with my dad growing up - happy memories. Glad Powell’s proper is going strong.

3 Likes

I loved that place, I bought a lot of really nice books there. glad I had some time to enjoy it before it disappeared. it’s in the main building, but not the same.

1 Like

They told me they moved it all up to the top floor of the main Powell’s no need to miss it too much.

the old one was dead silent, with the smell of old books filling the place. everyone in there was slowly and happily thumbing through knowledge and letting it seep into their brains. that’s what I miss.

2 Likes

that sounds amazing.

Sorry I missed thread! I had 3 weeks off spent the first wk camping here in MN then had absolutely no plans. I suggested to my wife we just get in the car and drive where ever our fancy takes us. Ended up at Mount Rushmore and the bad lands then my Daughter says “I’d like to go to Seattle and maybe get my feet in the ocean” So off we went. Stopping when ever we felt like it and working our way out to Seattle. Spent a few days there. Saw several of the things mentioned but would have loved to see the suggestions ahead of time. Unfortunately I’m only now catching up on the forum. Thank goodness for down time at work. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

My wife and I do this but on a lesser scale. “Turn left, let’s see where it goes” can lead to embarrassing situations, fun though!

7 Likes

What are you doing in my driveway…?:blue_car: :neutral_face:

7 Likes

I recall the '60’s, when on a Sunday afternoon us kids would get in the car with my grandfather driving and went nowhere in particular, at a leasurely pace - just looking out the window, enjoying the luxury of time to burn.
I remembered this many years later, and it occurred to me that the pace of life had accelerated. No longer was there the time for just putting around going nowhere. That’s when I realized that something had been lost.
That perception of course was due to adulthood and taking on the responsibility and the consequences.

What adulthood had taken from me, Grandfather-hood can restore. I just have to remember how to do that!
Get out from in front of a display and indulge yourself in the time you have remaining. :wink:

“The past is lived and the future is unborn, Only the present moment has life in it

13 Likes

I am 1983 an we as well also had the Sunday drive with no aim. Also thought of it a few weeks ago and was like where did we have the tome to do it back then

5 Likes

no internet

13 Likes