Hello Seattle..I am in you

It’s kinda weird. My daughter and I are vegetarians and don’t wear death fabric (leather,) but we like this place. I asked the guy about where they get most of their stuff. Generally, it’s vintage taxidermy and skeletons from science labs and such. So, they are not killed just to sell their bones or something. I’m still conflicted, but I do love me some sciencey morbid type stuff. They’ve got some neat historical things, too. Oddfellows and what have you.

1 Like

If you’re going by plane, well, just don’t even bother.

If you’re travelling by car, you don’t need a passport. It’s still highly recommended to have a passport, but they’ll probably let it slide if you have reasonable proof establishing permanent residency in the US. If you have a driver’s license, birth certificate, power bills, Obamacare card, etc… you’re probably good.

Worse case scenario, you see the Peace Arch, have a picnic, and get turned around. :slight_smile:
EDIT - This may be absurd, but it goes without saying: Do not bring guns or medical herbs you forget are in your car.

What you need: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-who.asp
What’s an eTA exemption: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp#eta-exemptions
Applying for eTA for the heck of it: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/results-by-topic.asp?top=16

1 Like

Don’t forget sitting in line for 2 hours if you’re really going for worst case at the Peach Arch…

3 Likes

But… who doesn’t like Peach Arches? They’re popular with the Georgians… :smirk:

2 Likes

If you have a car, go up to Everett and do the Boeing factory tour. It is super cool!

1 Like

We are currently at the Living Computer Museum and my son is in Geek heaven!!

7 Likes

Hey there! Welcome to Seattle!
I’m just seeing this, and looks like a bunch of great suggestions you’ve been sent already. It’s the hottest day yet up here today. Whew…
Lego special exhibit at PSC is rad, and Star Trek special exhibit at EMP too. All at Seattle center. I think the EMP is the coolest thing in Seattle really!
The Sky deck at Columbia tower is higher and better view than the space needle, but not the space needle icon. Still an incredible 360 view, especially on a clear beautiful day like today! :slight_smile:
Anyhoo, have fun and enjoy your trip!

1 Like

Just paid $8 total to see the living computer museum and got coupons for $5 off ea for the EMP…will definitly visit that either tomorrow or Sunday

6 Likes

Oh yeah, the science center, like others said, was one of my favorite places after the aquarium. Could geek out there all day.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize Seattle had so much to do other then a wannabe CN tower!

2 Likes

Somewhere just underneath the space needle there’s a big exhibit of Glass by Dale Chihuly. Truly impressive

7 Likes

I love Chihuly’s work and have been fascinated watching it created and produced in videos.

2 Likes

My grandparents were from Poland - pierogie was/is a favorite of mine - the dough triangles with cheesy potatoe, etc. ! Used to love making them by hand!

3 Likes

His work is everywhere here! In the airport, downtown shopping centers, and of course the glass garden downtown. Tacoma has a Museum of Glass, with a spectacular “bridge of glass” designed by Chihuly:

10 Likes

First time I made them by hand, after I boiled them, I sat them on paper towels to drain before frying and the paper towel stuck so bad I had to toss them…that was 35 some years ago…been making them ever since :grinning:

4 Likes

hope that was sarcasm…

next time come down to Portland! We have cool stuff too! :wink:

3 Likes

I’m in Portland this weekend and So far I can totally endorse that statement. But I think Powell’s Books would have hit that spot alone for me.

1 Like

Don’t miss Powell’s Technical Books, which is actually a separate, and separately wonderful, thing.

3 Likes

I’m reading on the internet it looks like it closed back in late 2014 and got combined with the main store. At least I’m not late to the glowforge party.

2 Likes