Help Desk Lead Time?

How long does it usually take for y’all to get a reply + resolution from the tech support people? Is a week normal? I’ve been trying to resolve a significant issue for three weeks now, and replies to my emails are taking 6-7 days and have not meaningfully addressed the issue. I’ve asked multiple times for a phone call but that doesn’t seem to be an option.

3 Likes

Phone support isn’t offered.

The amount of time necessary to resolve the problem can vary based on whether they have the information they need to diagnose it, and how difficult it is to fix. I’ve had turnaround of from next day resolution, to over three weeks - it just depends on the problem. Anything that pinpoints a system wide issue takes much longer to fix, and can run months. (I did PRU testing.)

If you want to speed up the issue, when they ask you for specific tests - run them, and be sure to give them exactly what they ask for, as quickly as possible. It can really speed up the diagnosis. If they don’t have what they need, they will set your problem aside and move on to one that they can close.

If you haven’t heard back from them in a week though, and you provided whatever they asked for last, it’s best to follow up with a reply to the last email they sent so that they can keep track of the conversation, and your issue doesn’t get forgotten. Sending a new email about it just slows things down - they have to tie them together, find all of the earlier emails, read them, and try to remember what your particular issue is. Plus you might not have the same person working on them, so try to keep to one running conversation.

If you can keep one email thread going, back and forth by just replying to the auto-email, it’s a LOT faster in general. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m so sorry for the delay in our replies.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.